Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

LCS Pickups

Kevin and I ran down to the LCS on Friday, we dropped off some stuff we sorted and picked up some more. I worked on that on Sunday and will probably finish the next few days as tomorrow is my last day at work until the 5th of January so I'll have plenty of time. I brought home 3 2 row boxes of baseball list players and 5 2 rows of football list players to sort. I probably won't end up with a whole lot for myself but I do usually end up with some.

While we were there, Kevin bought a bunch of colored parallels from them. We generally only pay a quarter a piece and throw them in our dollar boxes, or more if they are worth it. So while we were sitting there, I went through the box and pulled out a bunch for myself.



Everything above is a holo or refractor, lots of color up there as well. The Gavin Sheets in the top row of the top photo wasn't in the box, the LCS owner had set that aside for me and gave it to me, along with another card you'll see. The 3 Giolito's give me 153 of him. The 2 Anderson's give me 232 and the Abreu is my 275th.

Next up are Tier 3 pickups.


I picked up 1 basketball card and it's of Larry Legend. This insert is the holo parallel because yes, even the inserts have parallels. This is my 106th card of Larry.


2 more Tier 3 collections with this Stadium Club refractor of Steve Carlton and an Update Sapphire of Ripken. I guess technically the Sapphire isn't a color parallel as it's its own set but you all know I love the cracked ice. This is my 229th card of the lefty Carlton and the 976th of Ripken.

Next up is Tier 2.


2 more of Fisk, both in White Sox, both made to look like older sets and of course, not both parallels. The 1988 look-a-like is from 2023 and is an insert, the Platinum Anniversary Prism is from 2022. This is my 386th card of th OG Pudge.


I grabbed a couple more of the only star from last year's team. Let's hope he stays with the team and continues to get better. The 2022 on the left is another Prism parallel and the Optic on the right is the holo parallel of the insert. These 2 give me 203 cards of Luis.


The top card is a Stadium Club Chrome refractor, I already had the non-Chrome and the Chrome to go with it. The bottom card is the other card that the LCS gave me, it's only my 2nd relic of Moncada and these 2 give me 230 of him.


Really love the Buehrle, mainly because I don't pick up too many of him. It's only my 5th card that I've picked up this year and one of those was a week or two ago. It's also my 386th of him. At this rate, it'll be a few years before I hit 400. The purple Eloy is my 209th of him.


A couple of former Wolverine Tier 2 players. The Larkin is an insert parallel as it's the Holo and you can tell the Cronenworth is an XFractor. Oddly enough I have the SC Red, Chrome and now the XFractor but not the base. I have both of the base and the Holo of the Larkin though. The Barry is my 747th card of his and the 77th of Jake.


The LCS refilled his 1/2 off box and I went through that as well and pulled these 2 auto's. I feel like they equaled $36 and then half off was $18 but he gave them both to me for $10. He had others I wanted but I was trying not to spend too much. I grabbed the Burger just because I liked him and wish they wouldn't have traded him and I also like Sheets so those are the 2 I grabbed.

I am all caught up on posts, for now. We don't have another show until the 31st but I may go to the LCS with all my time off. I should finish the sorting so I'm sure I'll hit it sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.