Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cheaper Than Stamps #19

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

1982topps

1982 Topps Future Stars – Mark Davis, Bob Dernier and Ozzie Virgil. Steve Balboni, Andy McGaffigan and Andre Robertson.  Frank DiPino, Marshall Edwards and Chuck Porter.  Vance Law, Bob Long and Johnny Ray.  Jody Davis

Love the hockey stick set.  I picked all 5 of these up in a lot for $.54 which goes down to just under $.11 a card.  I definitely remember Jody Davis being as I’m not too far from Chicago.  Also Bob Dernier for the same reason.  I remember the Johnny Ray rookies being hot at a time too.

1982fleer

1982 Fleer – Johnny Ray and Mike Marshall

Without looking, I’m pretty sure both of these are rookie cards.  It’s amazing what comes back when you look at cards from your childhood.  I love this set, I’m not sure why.

1982donruss

1982 Donruss – Johnny Ray, Mike Marshall and Steve Sax

I picked up these in 5 card lots.  Again, all 3 of these are rookies.  So I happened to pick up all 3 Johnny Ray rookies and 2 of Mike Marshall’s.  I can’t complain about getting a Steve Sax rookie either.

1982donruss02

1982 Donruss – Von Hayes, Brett Butler and Darryl Motley

Off the top of my head, I know the Brett Butler is a rookie as well.  Maybe they were both rookie lots that I picked up.

1982donruss03

1982 Donruss – Tim Wallach and Jody Davis

Another Jody Davis rookie and Tim Wallach was a fairly big name in the 1980’s or at least that’s the way I remember it.

1981fleer  1981donruss

1981 Fleer – Joe Torre                  1981 Donruss – Jim Kaat

I went ahead and threw these 2 1981’s on this post as well since they are the only 2 I got from that year.  Haven’t really ran across a whole lot of Topps and when I do, I have over half the set already.

I picked up these 2 cards as singles.  I paid $.16 for the Joe Torre and it came in a lot of 3 of that card.  I got the Jim Kaat for $.15.

I’ll save the 1980 for the next post because I picked up quite a few of those.

1 comment:

  1. Denier was another Cubs "future All Star" they signed. As expected, he was pretty much useless in his few years up north.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.