Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Cheaper Than Stamps #20

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

We left off with 1982-1981 so we’ll pick up right here.

1980topps01

1980 Topps – Gary Alexander, Dan Ford and Jerry Terrell

This year was actually the year before I started collecting so I didn’t have very many of these or from here on out on the vintage.  I picked up all of these 1980 Topps in 2 card lots.

1980topps02

1980 Topps – Tim Johnson, Phil Mankowski and Champ Summers

A couple of Detroit Tigers.  I remember Champ Summers but not much of the other 2 players.

1980topps03

1980 Topps – Ellis Valentine, Mike Paxton and Bob Davis

I remember the Ellis Valentine from the 1981 Topps set because he had the guard on the front of his batting helmet like a football helmet.  Powder blue on the Toronto Blue Jays though, gotta love that.

1980topps04

1980 Topps – Clint Hurdle, Bert Campaneris and Mickey Lolich

Now there are some names I recognize, Clint Hurdle is a manager for the Pittsburgh Pirates but I remember him more from the Colorado Rockies.  Bert Campaneris I don’t think I need to explain and Mickey Lolich I remember with the Detroit Tigers.

1980topps05

1980 Topps – Ken Forsch and Doug DeCinces

I recognize both these names from the 1980’s as well.  I want to say Forsch and DeCinces from the California Angels is what I remember though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.