Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, August 26, 2023

A few cards of some team

Kevin and I set up in Plymouth today. It's one of our favorite shows because of the other dealers and the customers. You don't get those high end guys that just want everything half out, you get a lot of real collectors, familes, parents bringing their kids to a card show, type of collectors. All the dealers in the room and almost all dealers at that show everytime, we all know each other and get along well. It's just a really fun show. It's not our biggest moneymaker show but it is absolutely our favorite. Even all the proceeds from the food they sell and the table fees all go to the church and the local little league. It's just a great show because it feels like home.

I wasn't planning on spending any money but the show promoter was buying from us and he says "did you see the vintage stars I have". Well damn it, now I have to go look. I ended up spending $45 bucks on a small stack of vintage stars and 1 ex-White Sox auto. You'll see all those when I get them logged and scanned, which I'll do tomorrow.

Today you get some stars and ex-stars from some almost basement dwelling team who are hard to watch this year. Sorry!



These were all in the box I sorted of list players, except the Abreu, that came from the week that I sorted new product from opened packs. All these were free to me in payment for the sorting from my LCS.


I got these from Sluggo in the boxes that he was sorting for the LCS. I got a bunch more but I just showed some of better players. The top 3 are all some pretty top prospects, although Montgomery is the only one still in the minors as the other 2 are playing for the Sox since we traded a couple of players away. I'm hoping for big things from all 3.


I told you about the quarter box finds of stars in a post after last weeks show. Frank Thomas isn't a PC but being as they were all stars and HOFers, he had a section so I went through it as well and pulled these 5. At a quarter a piece, I can't complain about adding more Frank Thomas cards.


I picked these up at the Michigan City card show as well but I payed $5 for these. The Carlos Perez is numbered to /50 and I grabbed the aforementioned Montgomery insert with it.


I was at the LCS last week dropping off the sorted cards and picking up new ones when I saw he had a couple half off boxes. I told him I shouldn't look at them because I didn't have any money but I kept looking anyways and ended up pulling a small stack of cards out. It ended up at $80 worth which at half off was $40. I asked what kind of deal he could give me and if I could have Kevin drop off the money on Monday when he makes his weekly stop. He takes a look at the cards and says, just keep them as future sorting payments. Sweet! You'll see more on some player collections, that's only about half of them.

2 comments:

  1. Going with the Baines bat piece / swatch card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really nice show. It'd be nice if more were ran like that. And I don't collect Frank Thomas either, but I too would've grabbed all of those cards for a quarter.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.