Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Current Sox

After 3 straight days of 4 birthday posts, I finally get a minute to relax. It's been a long week, I worked over 50 hours last week and over 60 hours this week. I actually had to work today which is probably my first Saturday this year (don't know that for sure but there's probably a good chance.) We worked so much this week just to get ahead so I'm hoping to go back to my normal 40 next week. If you've been around here for awhile, then you know I usually set up at card shows on Saturday and I actually had to tell my cousin he was on his own for this one. I couldn't turn down the money at work.

Today is a Sox post which if you've seen any sports news lately, we're pretty embarrassing. I actually am kind of glad that I cut the cable this spring so I haven't been able to watch. I really miss watching though so it's been a toss up.


I received all these from sorting cards for my LCS. Not a lot of current Sox players on the list but you'll see 3 that are today. Andrew Vaughn is the first. I like the Finest Flashback.


I only picked up one card of Moncada but it was a cool one. The pic is from the Field of Dreams game last year that Anderson won on a walk off to beat the Yankees. It was great game and this is a great card.


With the Eloy cards, you get another Finest and a UK version of Topps. I would have guessed I already had the Opening Day and Gypsy Queen but apparently not.


There were a bunch of Robert in the box of list players. The Sepia is nice because I already have the base and the red. Those are the 3 most common ones. 2 cards from the Finest Flashbacks and a Japanese version of Topps. My Robert collection has really been flourishing since starting to sort cards for my LCS.


I picked this one up the same way, sorting, but this was boxes of 2023 Topps Series 1. I ended up only getting 2 cards out of all the blasters, megas and hangers. I went through those last weekend and I'm still driving around with them in my car because I haven't had the chance to get back over there to drop them off with all the hours this week. It probably won't happen until next Friday with the 10 hour days. Back to regular schedule means Friday off and Saturday we're doing a show.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully they are paying you well for all of those extra hours.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.