Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, August 4, 2023

Tier 3 HOF'ers

Went to my LCS today to drop off the cards I sorted last weekend and picked up some more to do this weekend. I got a decent stack out of last weeks, this weeks looks like a bunch of packs of 2022 Update so unless I happen upon an insert I don't have, I won't get much out of it. Fred did give me a couple of Michigan cards that I didn't have while I was there. He had a Frank Thomas/Jose Abreu insert card for me as well but I already had it. I'll add it to the list of cards to show you but I haven't scanned them yet. I have a few more players to show you today.


A couple of newer Johnny Benches. Even thought that Stadium Club isn't an "action" shot, it's a still a pretty cool of an in game shot.


A few new and a few old of Mike Schmidt. A couple in the powder blues as well. That card on the top right just looks like an everyday guy to the photograph and made it into a card. These 5 cards put me over 300 different cards of him now. 303 to be exact.


7 mostly newer cards of Cal jr. I've never seen the Bazooka at the top left. I've seen the 1995 Bazooka, just never the Red Hot versions. I assume an insert since it has different numbering. You can also see another Stadium Club, I added a bunch of those to my PC's. The Diamond King in the top row is a short print and the one on the bottom row is from 1992, I thought I had that one before but I didn't.

Ripken remains my top PC with 937 cards even though he isn't the player I have the most cards of but the other guy (if you've read this blog, you know who) is almost at 1k but he's not a PC guy, just has a lot of White Sox cards.

1 comment:

  1. First time seeing that photo of Bench on the SC card. It's really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.