Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Vintage adds

I told you that I went to my LCS yesterday and picked up more cards to sort so that's what I did today. He has a guy that buys packs, opens them up looking for I have no idea what, puts them back in the packs and then sells them to the LCS. I say I have no idea what because there isn't much missing from the packs, just a few cards (I assume). The stars are there as well as a whole lot of inserts so I'm guessing he's just looking for hits. Anyways, that's what I sorted today. I had said it was 2022 Update but I was wrong, it was all 2023 Topps series 1. Either way, it sucked for me because I have all the base of both those sets, I'll just be lucky to get some inserts.

I went through 4 Megas, 5 Blasters and 1 Hanger of 2023 Topps. When I sort, I look for myself and 2 other people (Dennis and Sluggo). After all was said and done, I only added 2 cards to my collections but 6 to Sluggo's and about the same (I forgot to count) to Dennis' stack. I added those cards to the random so we'll see if you get to see them today.

We start back up doing shows next weekend so maybe you'll see some better cards then.

It didn't take long to sort today, a little over an hour so I spent a few hours scanning and posting card pics to TCDB. I added 42 cards (42 fronts & 40 backs) so 82 scans in all. I have a long way to go but it was something, I may work on it some more tomorrow.


I added all of these to the Vintage collection from the sorting last weekend. As you can see, they are all Hall of Famers which is why they were in those particular boxes.

While I was on hiatus, I added quite a bit to my 80's sets. Here's where they stand now.

As you can see, I've gotten over 80% on all my 80's sets. Out of the 15 yet completed, 10 of those are over 90% complete and 3 sets are within 5 cards or less. This is on account of all the common stuff we bought and turned around. It was a lot of 80's so I grabbed up what I needed so a lot of it didn't cost me a dime.

This is where I stand on my 70's sets. I have picked up some of them as well but not nearly as much as I did the 80's. I only have 2 sets over 10% out of the 60's and my highest 50's is only at 4%.

2 comments:

  1. Rose wins it.
    Those '80's sets should be easy to trade for on TCDB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to have something to trade with. I have what cards are in my PC and that's it. I only buy what I'm keeping.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.