Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, January 7, 2024

More sorting pickups with surprise cards

We set up at the South Bend show yesterday and I picked up some cards that I was excited to run into, but you'll have to wait a few days to see those as I have a couple of birthday posts the next couple of days but the next post up are more cards I picked up from sorting.

I went to the LCS last weekend and picked up 2 shoe boxes of assorted cards and a bag with opened packs so I sorted all of that. Most of it was done last weekend, but I finished up some today. There was an assortment of sports so along with sorting players, I sorted sports. I finished up the baseball last week and finally got the time to do the football and basketball today. I didn't need any of the football but I did the other 2.

I'll start with the basketball, the boxes had older basketball and then a couple of the packs were basketball.


These 2 of Juwan Howard are nothing fancy but they were needed. They give me 129 cards of our current head (assistant) coach.


I also picked up this card of Chris Webber, technically I picked up 2 as the above Juwan Howard card also has Webber on it. Those 2 cards give me 168 cards of the other Fab Fiver.

These 2 Hoops Winter cards came from a couple of packs. Obviously whoever searched them, weren't Michigan fans as I found this LeVert and Robinson in there. I'm pretty sure I just posted the Hoops base a week or 2 ago of LeVert. This is my 60th card of LeVert and my 35th of Robinson.


2 more from Packs, the Wagner was the only card I got out of the Contenders pack, it is my 42nd of him. I also found this Hardaway jr in a Hoops pack. It's pretty cool looking, it's called teal explosion and it gives me 106 cards of him.

Next up is some baseball. Whoever they bought this lot from must have been a Chicago fan because there were a couple of lots of Chicago (both Sox and Cubs) players.


There was a pretty good stack of El Caballo but I only needed these 6. He's not a PC but I do have 108 cards of him.


I got fill in some 2009 Upper Deck needs with these 4 and an insert of Chris Snopek.


5 various Bowman Chrome's, a Prizm rookie and some newer Donruss. The '22 Donruss of Anderson is the Lime Green parallel and a couple of '23 Donruss. It is my 236th card of Anderson and 188 of Ventura. I've been picking up Colson Montgomery as he is one of our top prospects and as bad as we are probably going to suck, he may get some playing time this year.

I did get a couple of PC guys as well.


I actually have this card but this one is one of those asterick variations. I don't actively seek them out but if I come across one and it's free, I keep it. This gets me 1 card closer to 1k, this is 982 cards of jr.


As I said, there were player stacks on some Chicago players, PK being one of them, I got excited because I always like to add cards of my favorite player. I got disappointed that I only got to add 2 though. I'll still take them. These 2 give me 765 of Konerko.

But wait, there's more. The following were in the boxes and they were out of place with what the rest of the cards were but I was still happy to see them.


The box had a bunch of 90's to 2010's in it, so it was odd to run across these. That's 8 cards from the 1980 set, which gives me 449 from that set which is just below 63% completed. There was also 1 card from the 1983 Topps set and that gives me 653 cards and just over 82% completed.


I kept getting more surprised when they started getting older, these 2 cards from the 1967 set give me 48 cards.


Also got 3 cards from the 1966 set. Our first fairly big name as well with that Bill Mazeroski. Not sure what was being collected as all 3 of these cards are Pirates cards. That team card will also go to that collection. These 3 cards give me 224 cards for 37% completed.


It just keeps getting better with this 1959 Topps. This is only my 24th card from that set.


These 2 and the previous card were all Yankees to counter the Pirates cards before. You can see the Bauer card isn't in the greatest of condition but I mean, it is 65 years old now. These 2 give me 26 cards from this set. The odd thing is out of those 26, 9 are Yankees cards and 13 are White Sox cards. The White Sox cards I get as I look for those before I do any others but I find it odd that I keep running across Yankees cards as well.

As I said earlier, I'll go over yesterdays pickups in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.