Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, January 12, 2024

A fitting post

Last weekend we set up at the South Bend show. It's always been a good show for us at it's local (15 minute drive) so we enjoy it. Here's what I picked up and actually spent money on.

First off, we'll start off with a card I got from Sluggo. He restocked our dollar boxes with all color and refractors so I skimmed through it and found this card that I wanted.


A purple Vaughn rookie, yes please. It also puts me a card closer to the century mark. This one gives me 97 of Ricky Vaughn. 

One of our regular customers at the local shows is Fred, yeah, that same Fred who brings me cards at work. I usually let him know when we'll be around and he pops in and buys from us and other dealers. He was on his way out and rather than bringing cards he found for me, he gave them to me there.


He hit me up with these 3 for the White Sox collection. I like to pick up Madrigal cards because I liked him when he played for us. That shows because this is my 50th card of him and he only played for us for a season. I also like getting Crochet cards because I think he's going be good if he can stay healthy. That's the Prism refractor.


He also gave me this PC card in a purple Chrome of our former closer. Even though he's no longer a Sox, I'll keep collecting him. He's a good guy and I really like him. This is my 40th card of him.


He gave me this card and I was confused. I didn't recognize the name. I looked at the back just to make sure it was a Michigan card because I know Delaware has the same helmet but on the back it said he was a Wolverine before transferring to Wake Forest. I looked on TCDB, he only has 51 cards and the only Michigan ones are this Sage and however many parallels there are.

I got a little bored towards the end of the show and wandered around and found these.


He had a bunch of cards of Hutch out so I skimmed them and grabbed ones that I didn't think I had. The above are all the Lions cards that I needed.


I also picked up 6 more of him in the Maize and Blue. These 13 cards of Hutchinson give me 46 cards of him now.

As much as I loved seeing all those Hutch cards, I glanced to the left of those and also found these.


My first card of the NATIONAL CHAMPION Roman Wilson. I've been waiting to run across some more of these Bowman U cards.


I also grabbed my first 2 cards of another NATIONAL CHAMPION, Donovan Edwards. 1 of 2 of our running backs with over 100 yards. I loved seeing him break off a couple of great runs after all he did for us last year.


2 more of our starting QB. Did I mention he's a NATIONAL CHAMPION? The card on the left is a refractor. These 2 cards give me 7 of JJ.


I also picked up these 2 cards of our starting running back. Blake had an outstanding game and deserves to be called a NATIONAL CHAMPION and the Championship game offensive MVP. These 2 also give me 7 of our all time leading scorer.

The price tag on all those and a couple of Hutch's that I already had came out to $52 but he gave them to me for $30.

I picked all of those up on Saturday and then watched them all play on Monday in the big game. It was a great weekend and I'm still basking in the glory. I was extremely happy to see that team win it all as they were a really good team and they deserved it.

1 comment:

  1. I somehow missed that Vilain ended up on any cards, and he was incorrectly listed as just Wake Forest on TCDb despite playing for us in 2019 and '20, so I fixed that. Now I need to track down one of those too! Also, very nice stuff here of all of these players, I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.