Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Sox and more

I dropped off previous sorting at my LCS a week ago and he gave me some more stuff to sort. I was in his shop when Kevin text and said we weren't going to the show on Saturday so I grabbed some more to sort since I'd be home. I started it Friday when I got home and finished Saturday afternoon. There was a book of pages and a lot of cards in penny sleeves which is a pain because I have to take them all out. That probably took more time than all of the sorting. I went through a lot of baseball, some football and a real small stack of basketball but I only ended up with more baseball for myself.


We'll start with the older White Sox cards that I got. There was quite a mix of stuff in this sort as you see the above cards. That is my 109th card of Carlos Lee and my 192nd of Mags.


These are the shiny newer cards. Well, except the Colas, it's not shiny but he's a player I've been picking up cards of lately because I'm hoping for good things. The Keuchel is the Prism Refractor. 


There was also a ton of these Chrome Platinum Anniversary. I didn't realize how many cards were in the set because I figured I was getting close to the team set until I looked these up. I was wrong, these 4 give me 14 but there's 31 total. That's my 238th card of Tim Anderson and my 279th card of Abreu.


Then getting into the player collections, I got one Tier 3 of Gary Carter. The scan doesn't show but it's a pretty shiny card itself. This is my 350th card of the Kid.


Some more platinum anniversary Sox cards but both PC's. That's 233 cards of Moncada and 213th of Eloy.


1 more, same set, different team. I also found this Larkin to add to that PC.  This is my 749th card of Larkin.

As I said above, there was quite an assortment of cards.


I also found 6 cards to add to my 1971 Topps set. As you can see, they are in pretty good shape as well. These 6 give me 204 cards which is good for just over 27% completed.


Even better than the 1971's were these 4 from 1969. They give me only 71 from the set which is just over 10% completed.

The temps dropped below 0 for the first couple of days this week and they cancelled work so I'm working tomorrow to make it up so I'm not sure when I'll get back to my LCS to exchange cards. We have the show that got cancelled last week on Saturday as it got moved so it might have to wait until next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.