Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Sorting packs

Today's my last day before going back to work. I was supposed to go back on Thursday but there were some issues with the tanks sitting for 2 weeks so I'm going back in tomorrow to get everything set up for 3rd to come in tomorrow night. It probably won't be a full day but I'll take the hours. Since it's my last day off, I figured I should get out a post since it's been a bit. The last week of the year is always heavy with birthday posts and yesterday I just chilled and waited to watch Michigan beat Alabama.

I sorted some cards for my LCS last weekend, there were a couple of bags of opened packs and a box of 2023 A&G, the nice thing was there was all 3 sports. Here's what I got.


As per the usual, I'll start with the White Sox. A couple more Frank Thomas (1,026) and a Jose Abreu (278) and Tim Anderson (235) of whom I have a bunch of. I also got a Romy Gonzalez (13) and a Gavin Sheets (43) who I like to get cards of. I'm hoping to see more of him in the future. These all came from packs.

Next up is some Type 3 collections.


I got these 2 inserts of Yaz. One shiny, one not so much. These 2 give me a step closer to 200 at 193 cards.


I also got these 2 cards of Steve Carlton, one insert and one base. I was actually surprised I needed some of the base A&G because I've sorted quite a bit of it before. The inserts didn't surprise me. These 2 give me 231 cards of the lefty.

Next up is Tier 2 Michigan PC cards.


There were a couple packs of NBA Hoops but this was the only one that I needed. It's my 1st 2023 card of LeVert and my first of him as a Cavalier. This card gives me 59 cards of Caris.


There were also a bunch of packs of Prestige. I added a few of those already last week so I wasn't sure I would get any but I did find these 2. Always love to see Aidan cards, I'm not sure how many we'll get with him being a defensive player but right now they are churning them out. This is my 32nd card of Aidan and my 41st of DPJ. It's also my 1st 2023 of DPJ.


I was really happy to get 3 more cards of Jake Cronenworth. 2 from packs and another base A&G. I was really surprised to get 2 different colors in just a couple of packs. These 3 give me 79 cards of Jake.

Last but not least, I also grabbed 1 card for a Tier 1 PC.


I found this insert of Tom Seaver as well. There really wasn't that many packs so I was surprised to keep as many as I did. This Seaver gives me 580 cards of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.