Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cheaper Than Stamps #35

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay or COMC for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

Yesterday we saw cards from the Jim Abbott collection because his name starts with an A.  Let’s see who we got today.

ebay-bench01

Johnny Bench – 1977 Topps (world series) #412 and 1982 Topps Kmart 20th anniversary MVP series #18.

I used to have that Kmart set, I thought it was awesome because it came with so many HOF’s that I didn’t have any cards of.  Now a days, damn near every set has vintage players mixed in somewhere.  I liked the Kmart set as well because it had copies of their original card.  As a kid that was the coolest thing.

I paid $.25 for the vintage Bench and $.12 for the Kmart pseudo vintage card.  I actually got the 1977 World Series card in a lot of 3 vintage cards and I needed the other 2 for the vintage collection.  I paid $.75 for that lot and you’ll see the other 2 cards once I get through the player collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.