Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dennis week–Tuesday

Yesterday we saw the Jim Abbott cards that Dennis from Too Many Verlanders sent me.  Tonight we’ll get to see another former Wolverine and a future Hall of Famer, on July 27th to be exact.

dennis-larkin01

Barry Larkin – 1988 Donruss, 1988 Topps and 1989 Donruss

As you can tell, my Barry Larkin collection is in it’s infancy since I didn’t even have these junk wax cards, but I do now, thanks to Dennis.

dennis-larkin02

Barry Larkin – 1989 Upper Deck, 1990 Bowman and 1990 Donruss

These are great cards because these are years that I collected and had as a teen.  Although I remember having very few 1989 Upper Deck, I’m not sure I’ve ever owned that card before.

dennis-larkin03

Barry Larkin – 1990 Score League Standouts, 1990 Score and 1990 Upper Deck (team checklist)

As you can see, he sent me a lot from Barry’s early career which I definitely needed.

dennis-larkin04

Barry Larkin – 2000 Topps and 1995 Topps

I always forget the scanner goes right to left and not left to right, that’s why the earlier card is on the right.  Love the photo on both these cards, great action shots.

dennis-larkin05

Barry Larkin – 2013 Panini Cooperstown Colgan’s Chips and 2010 Topps Cards Your Mom Through Out

Dennis even sent a couple of newer cards, again, scanned backwards.  I had never seen any of the Colgan’s Chip cards until I saw it on Too Many Manninghams.  With all of these cards he sent me, he more than doubled my Barry Larkin collection

Come back tomorrow and see what Dennis sent me for the Vintage collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.