Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Fail

A quick update, I found a job (about a month ago) which is a good thing since the government screwed up my unemployment and shorted me a week.  Like I said, it was a month or so ago so I have been buying cards again for the last couple of weeks.  Before I get into what I’ve purchased, let’s get into the generosity of fellow bloggers.

Fail #1 - Jeff of “2 by 3 Heroes” and PWE fame sent me a small box of cards.  When I received them, I took pictures while I organized them so I could post a blog about them, well, I ended up not blogging for a really long time and ended up deleting the pictures (I even went and checked my recycling bin and couldn’t find them.  So you don’t get to see what he sent me, but it was a pretty big chunk of cards for my Vintage collection and also a bunch of cards of my player collections.  So a shoutout to Jeff, who deserved more of a blog post.  Sorry.  I failed.

Fail #2 – I also received an envelope of cards from someone else, my fail here is I don’t remember who.  Actually, I’m about 80% sure I know who it is but I don’t want to throw it out there before I know 100%.  So if you sent the following cards, let me know so I can give you proper credit.  I hadn’t put them away yet so I was able to capture the photos.

First, he started me off with some Chicago White Sox.

mark

I know I have a couple of these but I’m pretty sure that I don’t have all of them.  I could tell you if I ever finished logging all my other White Sox cards in.  I love these cards with the big logo in the background.

Then we have the true purpose of the envelope.  He had emailed and said he had some 1973 duplicates from trying to finish his set.

mark02

Look at all that vintage goodness up there. I have added these to my 1973 topps set page and these 14 cards put me at 47% for the set.

Thanks to both Jeff and ? for the cards, they definitely helped me get by before I could start buying cards again.

*** UPDATE ***  Those cards came from Mark Hoyle.  Now I’m 99% sure.

3 comments:

  1. I'm calling that a Hoyle'ing. Those are damn near the exact cards he sent me a month or so ago - at least the Studio are. And I think he mentioned to me had had some 73s for you specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff. You got it... Good luck with the 73's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't be more different but I like both those sets.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.