Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

PC pick-ups for last week

I found out that I get 2 weeks off at the holidays.  Yeah!  The bad news is I only get my holiday pay for those 2 weeks so for 2 weeks, I’m getting very short checks.  So I have suspended my Ebaying for a couple of weeks so the posts will get smaller, if any at all.  I assume I’ll still have a few cards trickle in so there will be a post, just smaller.  I will still try to do the random vintage posts, maybe an extra 1 or 2 until the beginning of the year when I can get back into the full swing of things.

Let’s get into last week’s purchases.

abbott01

1992 Fleer

Jim Abbott collection

$.25

  • This is my 29th card of Jim Abbott.
  • This is my 18th card of him with the California Angels.
  • This is my 24th card from his playing days.

*note – I purchased this card from the same seller as a fellow wolverine player further below (Barry Larkin)

*note – You’ll be able to see this card on Too Many Manninghams at a later date.

bench01

2012 Allen & Ginter’s

Johnny Bench collection

$.36

  • This is my 31st card of Johnny Bench.
  • This is my 22nd card from after his playing days.

* note – He played his whole career for the Cincinnati Reds.

* note – I purchased this card from the same seller as a Cal Ripken jr card further below.

fisk01

2010 Topps Legendary Lineage

Carlton Fisk collection 

$.34

  • This is my 91st card of Carlton Fisk.
  • This is my 6th card of him with the Boston Red Sox.
  • This is my 15th card of him after his playing days.

*note – I have a lot more of his cards then the other player collections started at the same time because of his time with the Chicago White Sox.

larkin01

1992 Fleer (superstar specials)

Barry Larkin collection

$.25

  • This is my 40th card of Barry Larkin.
  • This is my 37th card from his playing days.

* note – He played his whole career with the Cincinnati Reds.

*note – I purchased this card from the same seller as the Jim Abbott card listed above.

*note – You’ll see this card at Too Many Manninghams at a later date.

lewan01

2014 Playoff Prestige

Taylor Lewan collection

$.49

*note – You’ll see this card at Too Many Manninghams at a later date.

ripken01

2000 Fleer Gamers Cal to Greatness

Cal Ripken jr collection

$.49

ripken02

2007 Upper Deck Ironman collection

Cal Ripken jr collection

top left – $.16, top right – $.16, bottom left – $.40, bottom right – $.21

ripken03

1993 Donruss                         1994 Post   

Cal Ripken jr collection

left – $.50, right – $.54

ripken04

          1992 Pinnacle          1988 Donruss (diamond king)

Cal Ripken jr collection 

left – $.50, right – $.16

*note – These make 135 cards of Cal Ripken jr.

*note – The 5 cards from his playing days make these my 113th from that time frame.

*note – The 4 cards after his playing days make these my 22nd from that time frame.

*note – He played his whole career with the Baltimore Orioles.

robinson01

2013 Press Pass

Denard Robinson collection

$.40

*note – This is my 14th card of Denard Robinson.

*note – This is my 5th card of him with the Michigan Wolverines.

*note – You’ll see this card at Too Many Manninghams at a later date.

sale01

2014 Panini Donruss

Chris Sale collection

$.41

*note – He has played his whole career with the Chicago White Sox so far.

*note – I purchased this in a lot of 2 cards, the other will be featured in the White Sox pick-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.