Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Plymouth Pick Ups

We went to Peru for a decent sized card show yesterday. It started out really slow but got rolling after an hour or so. As per the usual, I went out and shopped and spent $25 plus got some free cards but you'll have to wait another post to see those because today, you get the cards I picked up at last week's show in Plymouth. Kevin bought a few boxes of cards from other dealers and I went through them between customers and pulled some for myself. I also purchased a few from Curtis who I regularly buy from. He only sets up at the Plymouth show because it's local and him and his wife hang out at most of the shows. They're an older couple, retired, but he loves baseball cards and he buys on Ebay and sells at this show. He has his cards sorted by teams, which I love (we do as well) so I always hit his table. It helps he's always set up next to us as well.

I'll post by collection, but I'll point out the couple I paid for, otherwise, everything was free from Sluggo.


I added one more team card to that collection. A Rockies one at that which I don't get many since they didn't have any Vintage one which is where a bunch of my team cards come from. This one gives me 4 team cards of the Rockies.


For the White Sox Collection, I'll start with this trio of Colson Montgmery's (17) and another Oscar Colas who I've been trying to pick up in hopes they'll be on the big league club this year. Been focusing on younger guys more than those already on the team lately for obvious reasons. My 3rd card of Peyton Pallette and another of Madrigal (53), who isn't with us anymore, but I like. Another Abreu (282) and Anderson (239) and one more of some guy named Frank Thomas (1028).


These both were purchased from Curtis, I paid a buck and a half each, which was below the stickers, another reason that I buy from him. It's my 82nd of Rodon and my 12th of Colas.


Oddly enough, there was one vintage card in the box Kevin bought and luckily enough, I needed it. It's my 360th card from the 1975 set. It puts me over 54% complete.

Next up are my Tier 3 collections.



These 3 Tier 3 PC's get a card each. The Bird and Bench are newer cards while the Ripken is an early 2000's Ultra. Larry Bird PC is up to 111 cards, the Bench at 240 cards and Cal is almost there at 986 cards.

Next up, Tier 2.


I added another Cease for free and a Vaughn for $3. The Cease rookie is free from Kevin and the Vaughn is the rainbow foil. Both are rookies. This is 103 cards for Cease and number 99 for Vaughn.


The top 2 Robert Jr's are base cards and obviously, the bottom is the pink refractor. I've been getting his cards pretty quickly lately and these 3 put me at 210 cards.


2 more for Eloy as well. A Chronicles rookie that looks like a color parallel but it's not, and a color parallel that's not a rookie. These 2 cards give me 219 cards of Eloy.

Next up is the Tier 2 Michigan players.


Always happy to grab some baseball Michigan players with this refractor of Franklin which is my 6th card of his. On the flip side, we have an ice parallel of LeVert (have I mentioned I love the Ice parallels). This gives me 62 cards of Caris.


A rookie card of Livers and an extremely shiny Poole. I don't come across too many Livers as this is only my 9th card of him. Poole on the other hand is at 50 cards now.


I also grabbed 2 more of Ronnie Bell, both in the Maize and Blue which makes them even better. These 2 give me 7 of the rookie.


I also grabbed 2 of Moussa Diabate who I just got his 1st one of not long ago. Plus you gotta love the Ice parallels.


I also got one more of Hawkins and Wilson. The Hawkins is my 4th but the 3rd different Sage. The DJ Wilson is the blue velocity parallel and is my 24th card of him.

Next up is Tier 1.


I also found this Chrome of Seaver. I already have the base so I almost passed this up thinking I had it. This is my 582nd of Tom Terrific.

With all those shiny parallels, I also passed a milestone on TCDB. Dennis made me aware of this around a month ago, or at least that I was close but after this post and adding some of the scans, I went over 3000 scans added to TCDB.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of scanning for the site. Seems like it would be quicker just to do what so many others seem to do on there and just steal scans from eBay listings.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.