Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 2, 2024

Sorting List Pick Ups

I just finished going through some cards that Sluggo gave me and pulled out what I want but I'm a little behind for that post. Today, you'll get the cards that I pulled for myself from last week's sort of MLB list players. After this post and continuing on Sunday (I have a show tomorrow), I will be working on the NBA list players that I brought home today.

For those that don't know, the list players are all Hall of Famers and then mostly the current better players. There are a few 80's guys you'd be surprised were on the list, but I don't collect any of them so you won't see any here. I take that back, Cory Snyder played briefly for the Sox but I already have a ton of that 90's stuff so I'd be surprised if I picked up any of his.

As always, we'll start off with the Sox collection. A couple of the Big Hurt (1027 cards), a Harold Baines (97 cards) astarick variation, 2 of Wilhelm, 1 modern and 1 90's Pacific (14 cards) and a Nellie Fox (20 cards).

Next up is Tier 3.


A couple of Cal's, I didn't recognize. That first one, I was surprised I didn't have even with all those small Fleer sets released then. I was also surprised I didn't have his '94 Fleer. I guess that's why I check all of their cards, even if I think I already have it. These 2 get me to 984 cards of him.


I did find a 2023 A&G of Yaz to add. I'm sure I'll start running across all the variation sets of this card as well, if they have them. Chrome and X are the 2 I'm thinking of. This gives me 194 cards of him.

Next up is Tier 2.


I picked up a couple of these 2023 Winter or Holiday or whatever they are called now. We'll start off with this one of Robert (I'm surprised his cards don't have the Jr on them.) This one gives me 194 of our star center fielder.


As you can see, another winter/holiday card of Eloy along with a Gallery Heritage from 2020. You have our star center fielder above and this guy is going the opposite direction. From what I read there was no interest in him on the trade market. I'm hoping that motivates him to a good season this year. These 2 give me 217 of him.


I also picked up 2 cards of Moncada. He's kind of in the same boat as Eloy with White Sox fans. We keep waiting to see if he can get back to the form he was supposed to be. It's hard to tell in the scan but the bottom card is the red variation from Capstone. These 2 give me 235 of Yoyo (fitting nickname since that's what he does with his numbers).


A couple of Larkin as well. The top is a Denny's hologram, the bottom a bonus card (All-Star) from '89 Donruss. If you had asked, I would have told you that I had both of them. Like I said, that's why I check anymore. These 2 give me 752 of the former Wolverine.

Next up, Tier 1.


I did manage to find one of my Tier 1 players as well, and it's numbered. That means whoever did the sorting the first time didn't do a very good job. Your supposed to separate color variations, especially numbered ones. I know it wasn't me or I would have pulled this for myself back then. Works out for me though. This card gives me 581 of him.

I'll be back, hopefully in a day or 2 with the cards that I got from Sluggo and then we'll see if I pick any cards up tomorrow at the show in South Bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.