Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 16, 2024

2 weeks of sorting

I really need to get to posting, I'm falling behind. Work has been draining lately so I haven't posted as much. I went to my LCS to drop off cards that I sorted last weekend and pick up more and he gave me a few cards while I was there, which means that puts me another post behind. Tomorrow we are going to a pretty big show, we're expecting a good show, hopefully so busy I don't get a chance to shop, too much.

2 weeks ago, I sorted some list NBA cards for the LCS, these are what I pulled out for myself.


I pretty much always pull Webber cards as he is a Hall of Famer so he's on the list and he's one of my newer (older) player collections. I picked up these 6 to add, I think that might be my first Piston jersey card of his. These 6 give me 174 cards of him now.


I added Larry Bird to my Tier 3 player collections around the same time I did Webber. Also a Hall of Famer (duh) so he's on the list. I grabbed these 4. I would have guessed that I already had the Fleer on the top right, but apparently not. These 4 give me 111 of him. 


There are a couple of Michigan PC guys on the list as well. Franz here being one of them. The other, you'll see later. These 2 cards of Wagner give me 47 of him.

When I took those list players back, he gave me some cards in packs. Basically, he has a couple of people who buy packs/blasters, open them up, take out a couple of cards that they want, them sell them back to the LCS. I'm not sure what they take out because there is usually some decent players still in there. When the LCS buys them back, they are still in the packs (opened) and in the Blaster box so it's almost like opening packs. Those might be my favorite type of sort. I pull list players out and any other card the shop might want to sell separately, and of course, the cards I get to keep. There were a few boxes of Hoops and Donruss from basketball and football.


We'll start with the NFL since there was less of those. I went through a couple of blasters of 2023 Donruss and grabbed this Rashan Gary and Hassan Haskins. It's my 25th of Gary and my 22nd of Haskins.

On the basketball side, there was a box of Donruss and a few boxes of NBA Hoops.


The 1 Donruss card was a Caleb Houstan rookie, which is only my 2nd card of his and alongside him is the veteran Tim Hardaway with his 107th. He's my highest non-Fab 5 Michigan basketball player collection. Fab Fivers were in the 90's so they have a ton of cards.


2 more Hoops cards with a LeVert and a Poole. The LeVert is my 62nd card of the veteran. Poole isn't a rookie by any means, even though that's a rookie card shot if I've ever seen one, but he's only been in the league for about five years now. This is my 50th of him.


This was a nice surprise, while I've seen relics left in these opened packs, this is the first time that I got one of someone I collected. Or in this case, was going to start collecting. This is my 1st card of the former Wolverine, Kobe Bufkin. A nice way to start his collection.

The next sorting post, you'll see MLB as I have 3 4 row boxes to start. Probably on Sunday. They came from Hollister's so I know they'll have some good stuff, let's hope I find some stuff for myself. The next actual post, if I get another in before the next birthday post, will be cards I came home with from our last show in Plymouth last weekend.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.