Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Trade with Dennis

Dennis of “Too Many Granderson’s” and I have an ongoing trade, he just sends me stuff when he gets it and if I ever manage to pick anything up for him, I send it.  We are way lopsided right now.  I owe him so much.  This time he only sent 3 cards for me but he also sent a small stack of Cubs for my son.  He loved those Dennis, big thanks for those.  And these.

trade-dennis01

I’ve gotten a few of these Letterman from Razor from Dennis.  I know he gave be a Gordon Beckham as well.  I do love these even if they are manufactured, but they are autographed so that makes up for that.  I can’t tell you much about Dexter Carter, but I have heard of him so he must at least be decent.

Here’s the big hit though.  Dennis sent me a message saying he was heading for a card show and he wanted to know if he should keep an eye out for me for anything specific.  I told him not really, I didn’t have any money plus I’m thinking that I already owe him a bunch anyways.  A few hours later, he sends me another message telling me he got an awesome card for me and when he gets home he’d scan it and let me know.  I was all excited, trying to think what card he got me.  I received the scan and was stoked.  I’ve been looking for one of these for awhile but they are always out of my price range.  What is it?  Take a look at this beauty.

trade-dennis02

A well loved 1961 Topps Billy Williams rookie card.  Obviously Dennis got it at a great price because of the condition but I don’t care, this card is still awesome.  If I really sat down and made a list of my top 5 wants, I think this would have been at the top.

For those that don’t know or are questioning why myself, being a White Sox fan collect a Hall of Famer from the Cubs, he was my dad’s favorite player.  And why this card is high on the list.  I used to own it when I was a kid and it was one of my favorite’s back then.  So to get it again, Is awesome

Huge thanks to Dennis, check him out at “Too Many Grandersons” and if you want to see the other card he sent me, check out “Too Many Manninghams”.  I’ll try to get that post up right after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.