Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Ebay–Luis Aparicio collection

Here are some of my recent Ebay pickups that I’ve added to my Luis Aparicio collection.

ebay-luisaparicio75

2008 Topps Heritage Then & Now ($.75/shipped)

Nice insert, not sure what the correlation is with Orlando Cabrera is.  Too bad he at least wasn’t in his White Sox uniform.  I thought maybe they both came from Venezuela but OC is from Columbia.  If I hadn’t put the card away already, I might have actually taken the time to read the back and see why he is on it.

ebay-luisaparicio140.60yrsoftopps2011

2011 Topps 60 years of Topps ($.50/shipped)

You know I love vintage, but this is the next best thing.  Reprinted vintage.

player-aparicio

2012 Topps Heritage Then & Now ($.12)

Another Then & Now insert from Topps Heritage, this one is a lot cheaper at $.12 cents.

ebay-luisaparicio175

1973 Topps ($1.75/shipped)

I splurged a bit for this vintage card.  But it’s a 1973 and it’s vintage.  I still need to pick up another one for the 1973 Topps set.

ebay-luisaparicio140

1970 Topps ($1.40/shipped)

I splurged a bit for this vintage too.  Is it really splurging if you didn’t mind paying that much?  I found my weakness when you put vintage with a player collection.  I’m a sucker for that combination.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I just pulled that 1970 Aparicio out of a 25-cent box this weekend hoping you still needed it. But it's already in your possession. Oh well. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.