Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, January 25, 2013

COMC purchase #1–Dave Dravecky

I had some money burning a hole through my COMC account and decided to spend it.  The negative – I forgot to leave $3 to to pay for the shipping, so I had to add another $10 so I could ship them.  The positive – that gave me another $7 to spend.  I basically went through each player collection and picked up some cheap cards that I didn’t have.

Today, we will look at my Dave Dravecky Collection additions.  I don’t add to this very often because there isn’t a lot of his cards out there, and I’ve got most of the cheap ones.  Ebay sellers overcharge the hell out of his cards.  I just went to Ebay and searched his cards, cheapest including shipping. (1987 topps $.10 bid, $.75 shipping).  Everything else is over $1.20 or higher, including a 1986 Topps.  That’s just ridiculous.

comc-davedravecky

  • 1984 Donruss Diamond King ($.54)
  • 1984 Fleer ($.60)
  • 1985 Donruss ($.55)
  • 1987 Fleer Glossy ($.50)

I paid $3 to ship all 46 cards which comes out to just under $.07 a card so you can see where I spent a lot less than I would have on Ebay.

4 comments:

  1. I just picked up his 83 Fleer RC yesterday for a dime at the LCS! I also looked on COMC for more stuff of his, but I see you beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got most of his cards in a trade so I think this might even be the first time I purchased his cards. I don't know why I didn't look on COMC before.

      Delete
  2. Decided to click onto this blog rather than the one I usually see you at. Glad I did. Dravecky, aside from being one hell of a pitcher, is a major success at being a classy human being. Suffering the sort of loss he did, I don't know that I could be so magnanimous and even-keeled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually one of the reason's he is a player collection. I lost my father to cancer in 1981 and I followed his career when he attempted his comeback from cancer. The fact that he is still a great person after all that is all the more reason to collect him.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.