Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Card catch up

I've got lots of cards to show you that have come in this week. I got a couple envelopes on Monday and a couple yesterday. Monday night I had a softball game and by the time I got home and ate, I wasn't really in the mood to even get online for very long. Then Tuesday I woke up with a summer cold and that has been kicking my ass the last few days. Today is a little better, hopefully tomorrow I will be 100% again to start off my long weekend. Needless to say, since I was getting my ass kicked, I didn't post any of the cards. I don't remember what came in what so I'm going to post by collections.


We'll start off with a couple of vintage pick-ups. I believe both of these were single pick-ups. I picked up the Dave Lemanczyk for $.24/shipped and the Mike Garman for $.22/shipped. These 2 cards put that set at 145 cards.


I would have guessed that I already had this one but apparently not. I had 2 other of his cards from that set (all-star and record breaker) but not the base but I guess I do now. I picked this up for $.16/shipped. This is my 8th card of his picked up this year and is my 107th card for the Kid Collection.


I also managed to grab another Cal Ripken jr card that goes to that player collection as well as the vintage collecton. I picked this up for $.25/shipped. It is my 334th card of the Ripken Collection and the 136th of the 1976 Fleer set. It's also my 24th addition to the Ripken Collection this year.




I also picked up 5 cards for the Mike Schmidt Collection and the top 3 also go to the Vintage Collection. I picked all these up from the same seller for the minimum bid of $.25/each/shipped. These 5 cards put that collection at 108 cards. The 1982 Topps set is now at 78 cards. The 1980 Topps set is at 158 cards and the 1986 Fleer set is at 77 cards. All of the above cards that were mentioned for the Vintage collection put that collection at 245 cards picked up so far this year and I've also picked up 12 cards for the Schmidt Collection.


For my last player collection, I grabbed this card for the Barry Larkin collection for $.25/shipped. This puts the Larkin collection at 125 cards total and 15 cards picked up so far this year.



I picked up this 3 card lot for $.66/shipped which equals to $.22 a card. I believe all 3 are from series 2 and they are my first from that series. I'm still a little ways away from completing the team set. These 3 cards put my White Sox collection pick-ups for the year at 195 cards.

Oddly enough, all these cards posted put me at an even 600 cards picked up so far this year for all my collections. It's not physical cards technically because some of the cards (like the 4 cards mentioned above) get listed in multiple collections so they get counted multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.