Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Unusual Wednesday

I got 3 envelopes with 5 cards from 2 sellers. Yeah, I got 2 envelopes with a card each from the same seller. I don't even pretend to understand people who ship me cards at almost double what I pay them. It's an unusual Wednesday because we rarely get any mail on Wednesdays other than flyers. I don't know if that's on purpose or not but it is a fact.


I'm always happy to get another card from 1973 set cheap because it's my closest to be completed set from earlier than the 80's. I picked this card up for $.21/shipped. It is my 450th card from that set.


I also got another card for the 1978 set as well. This one came to me for a quarter/shipped. It is my 143rd card of that set and these last 2 cards make 227 cards picked up so far this year for the Vintage Collection. These last 2 were in the separate envelopes from the same seller.


In the last envelope, I got 3 player collection cards. We'll start with this Steve Carlton card I grabbed for a quarter/shipped. It is my 87th card for that collection and is my 7th card picked up so far this year.


I also picked up this Carl Yastrzemski card for another quarter/shipped. It is my 47th card of his and my 13th of his picked up this year. I seem to be getting a bunch of his lately.


Lastly, I picked up this Chris Sale for the Sale Collection and the White Sox Collection. I still haven't gotten a Sale card in the wrong Sox jersey but I have won one so it's only a matter of time. This is my 125th card of Sale and I've picked up 13 cards of his as well this year. I seem to be picking them up quicker since he became a Red Sox. All the White Sox fans must have quit collecting him and the Red Sox fans don't want his in the White Sox uniforms. Just a guess.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.