Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

College Football Saturday

As you may, or may not know, Dennis and I got together to at the Big House for the Michigan game last weekend. He gave me a nice stack of cards in person since I saved him all that postage. Since I didn't get any cards in the mail today, I'll split it into 2 posts so they aren't to picture heavy.

Since it's college football Saturday, we'll start with the Wolverine cards.


Always like receiving cards of the Fab Five, they were the team that put Michigan on my personal map and started my love for the Wolverines.



All 3 of these guys had pretty good careers in the pros but they all started at Michigan. You should have heard of all these names before considering they have 33 years experience in the pros and Henne is still playing, well, still on a team.


You might have heard of this guy too. I love getting cards of him in the Maize and Blue. This is only my 5th of his and all are years after his draft in 2000.

Next we'll get into the player collection cards of former Wolverines.


This is my 6th card of Martin and is my 1st pro card. This is also the 1st card that I've gotten of his in the last 2 years so I was definitely happy to see a card of him.


This is my 9th card of Trey, almost in double digits. It's also the 1st card of his that I've received this year. I thought I would be able to pick his cards more quickly but they seem to be out of my price range.


This is my 8th card of Jake Butt. I expected him to have a pretty good pro career but in his 3rd season now, he has missed 2 of those with injuries.


This is only my 3rd card of Big Mo. I'm going to love him proving wrong all those idiots who passed on him in the first 4 rounds. He was a beast at Michigan.


These 2 cards of Stauskas give me 11 of the Canadian. I really like him when he played for Michigan.

These 2 cards make 7 of Wormley. Oddly enough, I started his collection off with 4 straight autographs and then the last 3 have been base cards.



These 3 cards make 43 card of Shoelace. I've been picking up his card pretty well this year, only had 2 last year and these 3 make 8 for this year. None of my pick-ups were as nice as that last one though. That is a sweet looking card.

That's it for this post, I do have another Michigan Man but you'll see his cards in tomorrows baseball packed post. Be sure to check out "Too Many Verlanders" and the better "Too Many Manninghams"

2 comments:

  1. "and the better 'Too Many Manninghams'". No argument here, buddy. GO BLUE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of University of Michigan sports... the Fab Five are the first team that pops into my head. Damn it was fun to watch those guys play.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.