Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Postage Due?

2 more cards in 2 more envelopes today. One came with $.21 postage due. The mailman delivers it then expects me to pay it, which I don't. I have already told him to return to sender, I don't care if it is under a quarter, I purchased it with free shipping, not $.21. Now that I type this out, it makes me sound petty but it annoys me. Almost as much as it annoys me when they tape the top loader to the inside of the envelope. Don't get me started on that.


I debated on adding these buybacks to my collections. I'm not going to count it as a Vintage collection but I will the White Sox collection. I figure I'm paying less than a quarter, is it really gonna hurt to buy them.  I paid $.22/shipped.


Another Denard relic, I've been picking these up more consistently now that he isn't playing anymore. I picked up this relic for $2.25/shipped. I like the card, the no borders helps.

2 comments:

  1. You don't like when the card is taped in the middle of the envelope? I do that to keep it away from the edges so the envelope takes the brunt of any impact. Now if it's fixed anywhere else in there it doesn't do much...
    I know a lot of post offices will let the non-machinable 21¢ slide, but not mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tear the end of the envelope and just tap it so the card slides out, it doesn't slide out. I proceed to tear apart the envelope to get to it while bitching about the tape. I understand the reasoning and appreciate the effort, it just annoys me. I figure if it's in a top loader, it isn't going to get any more damaged in the middle than it will sliding around. I certainly don't leave negative or even neutral feedback because of it, I just hate trying to get it out.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.