Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Purchase from Sluggo

As I told you awhile ago, I spent the 4th of July week in Virginia with the in-laws. I have a cousin that I grew up with who lives about 2 hours south of them (south of Asheville, NC) so I drove down and hung out at his house for a couple of days. He does shows and stuff so I went through his $1, $3 and $5 boxes. Plus he threw in a few others from some sets he was trying to get together and had dupes. He's referred to as Sluggo on this blog because that was his nickname growing up.


I added 9 Moncada's in all, most were inserts or base but I used these 2 here because the DK is a SP and the Optic is the pink version.


I added 2 more Frank Thomas' and both are numbered. The Archives is a green back and is numbered to /150. The Donruss is a pink version numbered to /25.


The Rodon is a SP variation and the Abreu is the green version numbered to /99.


I also picked up 6 more Ripken's from him, the MVP was just cool and the Donruss is numbered to /431.


I also picked up this Zimmerman rookie and the Bench numbered to /250.

All in all, I picked out 29 cards, they book valued over $60 (he has the book value on the top loaders) and I gave him $20. It ended up being $.69 a card which is higher than I normally pay for cards but I felt the cards were worth it and he's family. I told him I'd give him a little more but he said he was cool with the $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.