Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Contest package

I joined a contest awhile back on Padrographs blog, I believe you had to guess how many autos/relics/serial numbered cards he pulled out of a bunch of blasters and than I think he ended up letting everyone pick one of the cards when it was done. I ended up with this card.


It doesn't go anywhere in my PC's but it's still a card I don't have so I'll keep it.

Before I get to the cards, I'll show you a few other things that he sent me.


I believe I have both books but I haven't looked yet. Either way, it's still quite a thing to get in a package. He also sent this that I'm pretty sure I don't have.


Now that is pretty cool and with definitely go into my mancave once I get rid of at least one of the kids.

As cool as that stuff was to get, he also sent me a bunch of cards as well. Including an unopened pack. Now while most wouldn't be excited about opening this particular pack, it went right with my Vintage collection so I was all into it.


1981 Donruss. Boy did opening this bring back some memories. 1981 was the first year I collected and while I opened a ton of Topps, I opened a lot less of the Fleer and Donruss, but I did open some. Out of the 18 cards in the pack, I needed 15 of them and opening this pack reminded me of how poor the mix was. Here's a screen shot of the teams represented from my log page.


If I was a Yankees or Royals fan I would have been really happy. Ended up not being a bad thing for me as I needed most of them anyways.


These were the 2 most notable names in the pack (at least to me). I collected both of them in my youth. The pack did give me 89 cards for that set which is just under 15% completed.

I'm not going to show you all the cards he sent me, 76 of them were new to my collections but I will show you some. The nice thing he did was stuck to newer cards because I had a lot less of those. The majority of those were White Sox cards (57) that I needed so I'll show some of those.




These were the 5 oldest Sox cards that I need. Not sure how I didn't have the Sosa rookie or the Thomas Bowman but apparently I didn't. Also before I received these cards, I bid on the Kip Wells card on Ebay and ended up winning it so I'm going to end up with dupes. All of the other White Sox cards were 2018 or 2019. Since we are just coming off the All-Star break, I'll show off some of our All-Stars.





Lucas looked a little shaky when he faced his first batter in the All-Star game. After walking him, he got 3 outs to finish his inning. He looked a lot more comfortable after that first batter. These 5 cards gave me 14 different of Giolito.





If I remember correctly, Abreu grounded out in his only at bat but I could be wrong. These 5 cards of Abreu gave me 63 of his cards.


I really liked this card for 2 reasons. It's only my 2nd card of McCann and it's a Topps Total. I didn't even know they were back and when Rod sent me 4 of them, I got excited. Until I read they were an online thing so I doubt I'll see very many of them which just makes me greatly appreciate the ones he sent me.







I figured I'd show off some of our young studs as well. Moncada (38 cards) could have been an All-Star with his numbers. Eloy (5 cards) has been lighting it up as he gains more experience. Kopech (9 cards) is out right now with Tommy John surgery but he should be ready to go again next season and Cease (4 cards) was just called up just before All-Star break. He won his 1st game but I'll hold judgement until he performs for awhile. Inside the parenthesis is how many cards I have of the player now.


Rod did hit 1 of my player collections with the Carlton Fisk. It is my 167th card of Fisk.

As you can see, Rod is a great guy to send me all this stuff so go and check him out at Padrographs. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how a guy in Oregon gets his hands on a Chicago Times paper, but it doesn't matter... because Rod sends some of the coolest "unique" items. That 81D pack is cool too. That's one of the first baseball products I ever opened.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.