Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, September 9, 2019

Weekend Catch-Up

Alrighty, I'm back. This was the weekend of our fall camping trip so all the cards in this post came between Friday and today. Sadly, that means I have to go back to work tomorrow. Some of the descriptions will be short because it's a longer than usual post.


I'll start off with my lone Michigan collection card. Everything else in this post are White Sox cards. This is my 4th card of the former Wolverine QB. I understand they have no rights to show the team but I always wonder if there is a specific clause that says they can't show the wings on the helmet. I picked this up for $.30/shipped.


This is my 4th card of Daniel, all from 2005. I picked this up for $.28/shipped.


This card of Brandon Short is my one and only card of his. I picked it up for $.16/shipped.


This is my 36th card of the one dog (Lance Johnson since you probably can't read it in the photo). This is a 1995 Topps Embossed Golden Idols insert. I picked it up for $.23/shipped.

These first 4 cards all came from the same seller in the same envelope. I believe everything else was one card in each envelope.


This is only my 3rd card of Zack but it's my oldest. The other 2 are 2019 cards where as this is from 2016. Zack is currently on the Sox roster with September call-ups and he was called up and sent back down earlier this year. They are still talking about him being our catcher in the future. I'm not sure of McCann's contract but I can see Collins being the back up next year if not the starter if McCann is gone. I picked this up for $.54/shipped.


I now have 6 cards of Thyago and they are all autographs. This is the purple refractor, seriel numbered to /250. I picked this one up for $3.21/shipped.


This is a pretty nice card of our opening day starter. Granted, he hasn't pitched much since then because of TJ surgery but it's still a nice, shiny, on card auto. It is my 30th card of Rodon but only my 2nd autograph. I picked this up for $3.18/shipped.


Last but definitely not least, the only player collection addition today and it's a PC that I hardly ever get cards for. I just assume because he's not hugely popular so his cards don't get posted on Ebay. This is my 67th card of our former 3rd baseman and my 1st autograph of his. It's a minor league auto but it's still an auto. As a matter of fact, this is the 1st Crede I've added this year, I only added 1 in 2018 and none in 2017 if that tells you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.