Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, September 2, 2019

Random Players From My Collections #4

I didn't do this yesterday but I was working on cards. I have been pretty much all weekend as a matter of fact. I don't have a bunch that need sorted (yet) but the majority of my online activity this weekend has been on cards. I've been trying to catch up on my PC Gallery blog up to the point where I have my Google Sheet and now that they are finally caught up, I can go from this blog and post to both at the same time. It was an effort to get there, I did over 300 cards this weekend which doesn't seem like a lot but the majority of the time, I knock out about 25 in a couple of hours and than get bored with it and go on to something else. So for me to sit and knock over 300 cards was a huge accomplishment. I really wanted to get it caught up with my sheet so I can take the card from this blog (I'm currently in March of 2014), post it to the Google Sheet, than post the card to the PC Gallery, and then link the sheet with the blog all at once. Now I can. Once I'm done with the cards I've posted on the blog, than the sorting begins with all my cards and see what I missed which will be even harder as I'll have to look up every card.

I realize most of you don't care about it but I was proud of the work, and I've been working on getting all my cards logged since January of 2015. I'm sure it'll take me another 4 or 5 years to finish.

Anyways, here is what this post is about. I have 3,312 players (16,999 cards) listed on TCDB. Players is up 1 from last week. These are the random players for this week.

#3221 - Manny Machado (1 card)

With all the 2019 packs I've purchased, I would have thought I would have had more of his especially considering this is off the Cal Ripken Jr Collection.


TCDB has him listed at 6,443 cards so it's a good thing he's not a player collection, I'd have a long way to go.

#1615 - Jim Mason (2 cards)

I didn't recognize this name until I saw the cards. Both his cards were in the 70's so obviously they come from the Vintage Collection.
I would have shown the 1973 but apparently I haven't added it to my PC blog yet so I didn't have a copy of it handy. TCDB shows him with 26 cards but I only need 6 of those for the Vintage Collection.

#1396 - Jimmy Hurst (3 cards)

Sadly, I didn't recognize this name either and he was from my Sox Collection (oops!).
He was obviously a prospect at some point he must never have panned out. He has 41 cards listed on TCDB and upon looking at those, he played here in South Bend back when the Sox owned the team and I used to go all the time. Now I feel really bad for not knowing who he was by name. Sorry Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.