Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sluggo returns

I mentioned earlier in the week that my cousin (Sluggo) sent me some cards. He buys collections from people and then sorts them to sell. He always goes through and sets all the White Sox aside for myself. He'll then call me, let me know a few of the higher dollar cards and then give me a total. He usually takes the few high dollar cards, figures their values and cuts it in half and that's what I pay. All the other stuff he just throws in as it'll just be a pain to sell them all individually anyways. Sometimes I end up with a bunch of base cards, sometimes I get a bunch of parallels and inserts, just a chance I take. Since the money is going to my cousin, I don't mind if I end up paying a little more than I usually would. I picked the latest batch up for $30. He sent me 136 cards and I ended up needing 112 of those which was really good. That averages under $.27/each and there is stuff in there I would have paid more for. I have gotten photos of all 112 cards to put on My PC blog but don't worry, I won't show you them all. Just some highlights. I picked all of the serial number (except Topps Gold) and hits to show you.


He sent this Zack Burdi refractor that is numbered to /499. It is only my 4th card of Burdi and from what I hear, he may be a big part of the Sox future.


He sent me 2 cards of Zack Collins who definitely should be in the Sox future, probably next year. These 2 gave me 5 of his cards. This is the purple version, numbered to /250.


Sticking to the purple parallel's, here's Nick Madrigal from Bowman. I have 9 cards of his and 8 of them came in this package. He played well with us while he was up and again, will probably be a part of our future. This one is numbered to /250.


This is my 10th card of Reynaldo and the only one I got of his in this package. This is the aqua version, serial numbered to /299. He pitched up and down for us this year, but he has the potential to stay with us.


I have 21 cards of Timmy and 7 of those came in this package. This is the green version of Fire and is numbered to /199. You'll see another one of his later in this post. If you don't know who he is, you might after today when he wins the batting title for the year.


I'm not a huge fan of these manufactured relics as far as "I gotta have them" but they are cool looking. This is a Jackie Robinson commemorative patch. I have 17 cards of Frazier and 5 of them came in this package.


Another manufactured relic but again, it's kind of cool, and it's numbered to /99. It would have been really cool if that was an actual auto. I have 36 cards of Rios and this is the only one from this package.


Now to the autograph portion, he sent me 2. This one of Carson Fulmer who I have 21 cards of, 5 from this package, and this is my 4th auto which tells you, he isn't a high dollar prospect. He's been very up and down when he's with us. Actually, he's been up and down with us and the minors.


This is my 2nd auto of Tim which was the highlight of this package for me. He's on fire and if he can continue doing what he did this year, he would be a huge star so I'm definitely glad to get this in case his cards start to sore when people figure out who he is.

As you can see, I got some great cards and I also bolstered a lot of our prospects that will probably be up next year. I didn't show the few SP's and other variations here but there were some of those as well.

Here's some other players not mentioned here that I scored some cards of as well.

Jose Abreu - 14 cards (now at 77 cards)
Yoan Moncada - 12 cards (now at 51 cards)
Frank Thomas - 10 cards (now at 420 cards)
Lucas Giolito - 7 cards (now at 21 cards)
Michael Kopech - 7 cards (now at 17 cards)
Carlos Rodon - 4 cards (now at 34 cards)
Eloy Jimenez - 1 card (now at 7 cards)
Luis Robert - 1 card (now at 3 cards)

As you can see a great package, especially for the money. My cousin is a Braves fan and the Sox actually played them this year. I sat down here in Indiana, him in North Carolina and we watched the game and were texting during it. Sox lost, I think 5-0 and Freddie Freeman had at least 4, if not all 5 of the RBI's that game. After his 2nd HR, I just sent the text "F*cking Freddie Freeman." As an added bonus in this package, I also got this card with a note on the penny sleeve.


F*cking Freddie Freeman

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Anderson autograph! Congratulations on him winning the MLB Batting Title. Sure he continues to blossom at the plate. I probably need to go out and pick up one more autograph before they start getting expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this was my first until I logged it in and realized I had another. Better grab them quick.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.