Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Shipshy Stuff

Another weekend, another show. Yesterday's show in Buchanan was ran by a 15 year old. The same 15 year old that pulled that Ohtani die cut, numbered to /99 autograph from a Mega we sold him over a year ago. He's come a long way just in the time we've know him. His father gave him some start up money and he started doing breaks. He still does them, along with setting up at shows and now running one. His father said that he paid him all back within 6 months and is essentially running his own business now and I'm guessing he makes pretty good money doing so. His father also says he plays baseball for the school and get's straight A's. To be honest, I'm kind of proud of the kid and I don't know him that well. I mean really, the best part of him is he's a Michigan fan so....

Anyways, we did his show yesterday. He had asked us if we'd be interested when he was thinking about running his own and we agreed. We've done a few shows that way, they tend to come to us because we've got a pretty good reputation. I purchased a few cards, and came home with some freebies but you'll have to wait to see those.

Today's post is cards I picked up at the Shipshewana show a couple of weeks ago.


I picked this up from the High Heat table. He used to set up across from us in Plymouth so I got to know him pretty good. He's a White Sox fan as well so we usually have things to talk about it. I just checked his table real quick before we tore down at the end of the show. I like to throw him some business but this was the only Cronenworth he had that I didn't. I'm sure I overpaid at $5 but like I said, I like the guy so that doesn't bother me. It is my 85th card of Jake.




I went to Hollister's table as well because he always has a Michigan box so I don't have to sort through a bunch of stuff to find anything. I grabbed these 5 auto's from that box. I was trying to grab auto's of guys I don't have auto's of and ended up with 3 guys that I didn't even have cards of yet. Quinn Nordin, Chris Hinton and Tarik Black. I probably won't do a PC of Black because he transferred out but I will still pick up his Michigan stuff. The Jack Blomgren is my 6th card of his but that's my 1st auto. I mainly grabbed the Kauffman because there isn't a ton of Michigan baseball cards out there so I grabbed it. It's my 3rd auto of Kauffmann out of 3 cards I have of him. I paid $15 for all 5 plus an additional auto that I picked up for Dennis.

The day after the Shipshewana show, we did the South Bend show so guess what pick ups you'll get to see tomorrow (if I post).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.