Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Andy got me

 Today is a quick post but not because I'm in a hurry. It's more because it isn't very many cards. We set up at the Mishawaka show a couple of weekends ago. I didn't plan on getting cards but here comes Andy (Michigan fan) with a bunch of cards to show Kevin to see if he wants to buy. I usually glance at them as well and I pulled these 2 cards. I asked what he wanted for them. To be honest, I thought they would be way over my budget but yet, here they are.


It's shiny, and I needed an autograph of Wagner and he's wearing the Maize and Blue even if it's logoless. I thought it may not be too bad, until I saw that serial number. It's numbered to 8. Yep, too expensive for my blood but I asked anyways. It's my 48th card of Franz but my first auto.


Then I saw this shiny Ronnie Bell, ugghh, he's killing me. Again logoless, and they did what I really hate with the helmet. But it's a Ronnie Bell who I don't have many of and it's autographed. Again, the problem was, this is numbered to /10, damn it! How much?

The good thing is, Andy is a good guy and always gives me a deal. He even sold one of them to me for the cost he paid. He probably realized between the drooling and the cussing him out for showing them to me, that I wanted them. He gave them both to me for $25. I couldn't pass that up.

I almost made it out of the show without buying anything. Damn Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.