Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Box Break from JABO’s

I got in another couple of box break over at “JABO’s”. One for 2004 Topps Pristine, 2004 SP Prospects, 2008 UD Spectrum, and 2012 Gypsy Queen.  And another for 2 boxes of 2012 Topps Finest.  Plus I purchased a few relics from Kyle so all that is thrown into this post.

trade-jabo02

I liked these cards, they are pretty shiny and cool looking.  And as I’m looking at the scan, I got 2 Jim Thome’s.  Oops.

trade-jabo03

More shiny from the box break.  The couple of cards at the top Kyle threw in for me for some Detroit Tiger cards that he needed from the break.

trade-jabo04 

The Dewayne Wise on the left is from the box break, I didn’t even realize that Wise had a Glove Stories card but I do now because I have the mini.  The Frank Thomas rookie is another card Kyle threw in.  I would have guessed I had this but apparently I didn’t.

trade-jabo01

Once again, I didn’t do my homework before I signed up for the break.  2 boxes and this was all I got.  Although I got some trade cards for a couple of the other team as well as a couple that are going to another trader.  So I guess it wasn’t as bad as I initially thought.  I ended up with some duplicates of the other team but none of the Sox.  I could have used another Paul Konerko for each of the collections.

trade-jabo05

Magglio Ordonez relic, yes please.  Thanks Kyle.  I like those Upper Deck relics that show their rookie cards on half the card.  The other two Allen & Ginter relics I purchased from Kyle for $3/piece which is usually my max on relic cards when I get them on Ebay unless it’s something I really wanted.  I liked these 2 relics though because the Carlos Quentin piece has a green stripe so I assume that’s from their annual Half-Way to St. Patrick’s day game where they wear green jerseys.  And the Gordon Beckham piece is blue so I assume it’s from one of their throwback jerseys.

Thanks Kyle, be sure to check out “JABO’s” for all kinds of card related content.  He’s always got something going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.