Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

The Kid plus 5

I found out last week that our new GM to our plant collects baseball cards. He sat in on our Monday meeting yesterday and I was there early enough that I chatted with him about it. Apparently he buys cases and opens them and sells them online. He likes the high end stuff which of course is totally opposite of me but at least there is someone that collects I can have an occasional chat with.

I did get a few cards today. One player collection and some virtual "cheaper than a dime box" cards.




I picked up all of these 2016 Topps for $.06/shipped/each. All were individual auctions, I just don't understand how these people keep selling cards for cheaper than a stamp and stay in business.


I also picked up this Gary Carter dog food card. I remember back when you could get baseball cards everywhere. I used to buy all kinds of things I wouldn't normally eat just to get these cards. I picked this up for $.50/shipped. It is my 117th card of the Kid.

4 comments:

  1. Gary Carter on the Expos. All is right tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would have known how much I was going to miss the Expos back when they played. I don't know why but I love their uniforms.

      Delete
  2. Great card of Carter. BTW those Purina cards came with their cereal, not their dog food. (There's even a parallel set that says "Topps Cereal Series" instead of "Ralston Purina Company"--they were going to put those in generic cereals they manufactured, but that plan was canceled and they ended up in regular branded boxes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that, I've seen the Cereal cards before so I just assumed these weren't. Thanks for the info!

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.