Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Cheaper Than Stamps #30

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay or COMC for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

We’re back to cards from the Vintage collection.  We always start with the younger cards and work our way back to the older ones.

1987donruss

1987 Donruss – Bob Walk #203, Tony Armas #498

I picked up the Bob Walk for $.11 and the Tony Armas for $.10.  I still put my max bid of $.29 on 1987’s even though I hate paying a quarter for them so it’s nice when it works out to pick them up out of a virtual dime box.

1987topps01

1987 Topps – Neil Allen #113, Tom Browning #65, TR Bryden #387

Picked all 3 of these up for a dime a piece as well, all from the same seller so again, happy to get them cheaper since they are junk wax.

1987topps02

1987 Topps – Tim Stoddard #788, Joel Youngblood #759, Dwight Evans #645

I actually paid $.22 for the Stoddard, probably had to overpay because he’s a New York Yankees.  The other 2 cars came at a dime a piece which pretty much seems to be the average on 1987 Topps, unless you’re a Yankee.

1987topps03

1987 Topps – Frank White #69, Jamie Quirk #354

Paid a dime a piece for both of the Kansas City Royals.  But upon further review, I already had the Frank White, oops.

carter

1987 Topps – Gary Carter (All-Star) #602

The first thing I do when I get a stack of cards is scan them, I scanned this to be part of the Gary Carter collection which is why it’s scanned by itself.  The second thing I do is log them into the Google documents which is when I figured out I bought this for the vintage collection because I already had it in the GCC.  I paid $.11 for it.

I’m thinking I need to alter my process because I screwed up a bunch of scans per collections.  As you’ll see in the next week or so.

1986topps

1986 Topps – Pete Rose #6, Dan Quisenberry #722

I paid $.20 for the Pete Rose years card and I have no record of actually purchasing the Quisenberry so I can’t give you an amount.  I keep the cards on my purchased list on Ebay until I post them here so either I accidently deleted it already or maybe it was a throw in with other cards I purchased.  That does happen every so often since they are junk wax cards.

That’ll be all for today because I got a decent amount from 1985 so check back after the weekend for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.