Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Jim Abbott collection

I didn’t even realize that I forgot to post yesterday.  I suck.

I picked this up for $.30.  I’m always happy to pick up Jim Abbott cards, for one, he’s a Michigan man, and two, I don’t come across to many on the cheap side.

Jim Abbott

1993 Topps

I grabbed this one for $.45 from a different seller.  While I’m always happy to grab Jim Abbott cards, I do hate seeing him in a New York Yankees uniform.  This is the cyberstats version.

1995 Topps Cyberstats

2 comments:

  1. Outside of players like Jeter, Rivera, Gehrig, Ruth, DiMaggio, and Mantle... I also hate seeing guys in pinstripes.

    I've though about starting a small Abbott PC. Back when he was just getting started, I was so fascinated by his story. Hell... twenty-plus years later, I'm still in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, I don't have anything against some of the players that play there, doesn't mean I have to like the franchise.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.