Welcome

This blog is about sports and sports cards. Which both I love to talk about. My teams are as follows - MLB - Chicago White Sox, NCAA - Michigan Wolverines & NFL - Indianapolis Colts. Although I post my Michigan stuff to another site now - check it out at http://toomanymarios.blogspot.com/

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Last Weeks Purchases

Technically, this is last weeks purchases and I’ll try to post this weeks earlier in the week next week, I would take the pictures when I took these, but I still need to get the mail today.  I also have another post I’m going to try to do weekly, I’ll let you know what that is when I do it.

All the cards below I received between 11/24 and 11/29.

abbot-jim01

1989 Donruss Baseballs Best

Jim Abbott collection

$.15

  • This is my 28th card of Jim Abbott.
  • This is my 17th card of him with the California Angels.
  • This is my 23rd card from his playing days.

*note – You can also see this card at Too Many Manninghams.

*note – I purchased this from the same seller as the following card.

carlton-steve02

1981 Topps Coca-Cola

Steve Carlton collection

$.50

carlton-steve01

top left – 1986 Fleer Hall of Famer

top right – 1982 Topps

bottom left – 2005 Leaf Century Collection

bottom right – 2003 Donruss

Steve Carlton collection

$1.54/lot ($.39/each)

  • These make it to my 34th card of Steve Carlton.
  • These make it to my 27th card of him with the Philadelphia Phillies.
  • These make it to my 27th card from his playing days.

*note – I got the 4 card lot from the same seller as the following card.

sale-chris01

2013 Bowman Platinum Cutting Edge Stars

Chris Sale collection

$.60

*note – I actually purchased a 4 card lot thinking I needed 1 other card out of the 4 but I ended up only needed this one.

*note – He is currently playing and his whole career has been with the Chicago White Sox.

robinson-denard01

2013 Bowman Sterling

Denard Robinson collection

$.26

  • This is my 13th card of Denard Robinson.
  • This is my 9th card of Denard with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

*note – You can also see this card over at Too Many Manninghams

toomer-amani01

2001 Fleer Ultra College Greats Autograph

Michigan collection

$1.25 ($.75 bid/$.50 shipping)

  • This is my 185th card of the Michigan collection.
  • This is my 3rd card of Amani Toomer in that collection.
  • This is my 45th autographed card in that collection.

*note – Obviously I bid a little higher than my usual for this autographed card but I still consider it pretty cheap.

*note – You can also see this card over at Too Many Manninghams.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pickups, Jeff! I've got a few things of Abbott and Denard coming in that I think you'll like too. Plus I'll be sending you a small number of cards from your various baseball PCs.

    ReplyDelete