Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Trade with Manupatches

I had a trade with Eric over at “Manupatches and Chrome Scratches” and the day I got the cards in, I was listing my cards on Zistle and somehow mixed them in with what I was entering so I can’t show you exactly what he sent me.  I was very pleased with the trade in itself, he sent me a bunch of what some of you consider “junk wax” but a lot of that was the cards I collected as a kid so I still like them.  I feel the same as most of you to the fact that it was overproduced and aren’t worth the cardboard they are printed on, but it takes me back to collecting as a kid so I don’t mind it as much.  And he had sent over a bunch of that, of which I didn’t have so I loved getting them.  I feel bad that I can’t give Eric the post he deserves because I mixed his cards in, but if your out there, thanks for the trade.  It was very much appreciated.  This was my 2nd trade with him and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first.  He’s a great trade partner and was a big help on for me getting started on trading online with fellow bloggers.

One of the cards he did send me, I set aside to scan so I could ask for your help.  I tried to enter it in Zistle and then realized that I couldn’t figure out what it was.  I googled and still nothing.  So I’m giving all of you a shout out, can you tell me what this card is?

help01help02

There is a TS in the purple diamond on the front.  On the bottom of the card back it says “Photo by J. Daniel / Allsport USA”.  I think you should be able to read the rest.  So if anybody can help me out here, it would greatly be appreciated.

In other news, I’m going to try to get a few posts ready for later this week because I just haven’t had the time to do so during the week.  I had gone to my first card show this past weekend in probably about 20 years or so and I have a post for that.  It’ll be a big one unless I decide to break it up into a couple of posts.  And another trade post as well so I should have a couple of posts this week.

Another quick question you all can answer as well, my wife has trouble reading this white text with the black background.  Is that an issue for some or all of you or is it just one of her many issues?  Let me know in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. Allsport has a wiki page, but that's not who made the card. The TS and other research leads me to believe the card was inserted into Tuff Stuff magazine. Whoever removed the card from the magazine probably used a paper cutter to trim off the edges instead of using the perforated tear strips, if there were any. Some magazine inserts were just solid card stock inserts and you had to cut them yourself.

    White on black doesn't bother me too much, but black on white is easier on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make sense. I didn't think of the magazines that throw cards in. I went the Allsport route and couldn't find anything usefull.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the cards.

    Looking forward to our next trade.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.