Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Big Mail Day Thursday

It was a big mail day today, I came home to 5 envelopes on the recliner. 5 envelopes with 7 cards but less talk, more pictures.

2015 Topps Archives Silver
Picked this card up for $.53/shipped. Not a bad card, especially since I didn't even know they did these with other colors. Oh, and it's numbered to /199 as well.

2008 Upper Deck O-Pee-Chee

Like the Archives above in different colors, I didn't know of this set either, or insert set I should say. I grabbed it for $.17/shipped. Obviously, both of those cards go to the Ryan Zimmerman collection and brings that collection to 74 cards.

2015 Panini Prizm
I managed to pick up another Ripken, the scan or picture is blue tinted but the card is more gray and silver. This Cal card puts that collection at 227 cards.

2015 Topps Chrome Prism Refractor
I was surprised to get this card but maybe his face was scaring away other bidders. I grabbed this Chris Sale for only $.32/shipped. It is my 103 card of the Sale collection.

2015 Bowman Prospect Yellow
I do bid on just plain ol White Sox cards when they tickle my fancy. I liked this one because of the yellow border. I guess I have a fetish for colored borders. I picked this one up for $.54/shipped for the White Sox collection.

2014 Donruss Elite Turn of the Century autograph
This card didn't scan or photograph well at all, all that gold at the top is actually green. Like I said yesterday, I've been putting max bids of $3 on autos. I picked this one up for $1.99/shipped. He has pitched for the Sox for a few games a year for the last few years. I think he was even called up for a game earlier this season already so he has to be on the bubble to staying in the bigs.

2014-15 Donruss Elite Die Cut Autograph
I was really surprised to pick this one up. I even went a little over my budget limit of $3 and won it for the minimum bid which ended up at $3.44/shipped. This is only my 5th card of Glenn Robinson III and it's my 2nd auto but it is my first of his in a pro uniform. As you can tell up there, it's also numbered to /99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.