Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

10 cards, 3 hits and 3 free

I got a few envelopes with cards I purchased and some I didn't purchase in those same envelopes. I got 5 envelopes with 10 cards total. Even the 1st card of another player collection that I've been waiting to start.

We'll start off with some White Sox pick-ups.


I picked up this card for a whopping $.06/shipped. This card makes that team set down to 2 cards.


I also picked up this relic of Adam Dunn for the White Sox Collection. It came to me for $1.25/shipped. I think I only put a max bid of $1.50, if your a Sox fan then your well aware of the failure of the signing of Adam Dunn.

These 2 White Sox cards make 183 picked up for that collection so far this year.


2 cards for the Ripken Collection. The 2016 Topps Archives on the left I picked up for $.20/shipped and the card on the right, well to be honest, I have no idea where it came from. I put it with this card because I'm just going to assume the seller sent it as a bonus card. These 2 cards put the Ripken Collection at 330 cards and are the 18th and 19th cards of his picked up this year.


This was a 2 card lot of Barry Larkin and luckily I needed both of them. I won the lot for $.50/shipped which puts them at a quarter each. These 2 cards put that collection at 123 cards and they are the 12th and 13th cards picked up this year.


These 2 cards actually came free as bonus cards with the following 2. This seller read my purchase to almost perfection. I say almost because with the 2 cards above, he also sent a Rich Hill card. Now if the Rich Hill was in a Michigan uniform, it would have been perfect. The Jake Butt is my 3rd card of his and the Jourdan Lewis is the 1st. So what did I get (that's obviously Michigan related)?


These 2 cards came in a lot as well. Since I don't have many Mitch McGary cards, I went ahead and put $6 on the lot ($3 each which is my max bid on relic/autograph cards). What was a nice surprise is that I won the lot for $3 which equals out to $1.50/each/shipped. These 2 cards put the collection in double digits at 10 cards. Oddly enough, 5 of those 10 cards are relics and/or autographs. These were the first 2 cards that I've picked up for the McGary Collection this year.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I saw the McGarys because I almost bid on them from you since I was buying a bunch of other stuff from that seller (and I got a few extras from him as well because he's awesome). Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even being Dunn, I would have picked up that relic for that price.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.