Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A couple on the cheap

I got a couple cards today from the same seller. He lists all kinds of card at a penny and now that I'm doing the baseball collection, which is essentially any card that doesn't go to my other collections and I find for under a dime, I bid on a ton of his cards. I probably only win 5% of them though but I'm okay with that.


We'll start with this 1994 Fleer Alfredo Griffin. When I think of Griffin, I think of him with Oakland and he only played 3 years with them out of his 18 year career. I picked this up for $.06/shipped. I don't remember ever seeing this card before and I'm fairly familiar with the set. It's funny how some cards you just blank on.


I also picked up this card of the Hawk from 1989 Topps. I watched a ton of Cubs games growing up because they were always on WGN and most of the neighborhood were Cubs fans. I picked this card up for $.10/shipped. I definitely remember this card, I had a crap load of 1989 Topps back when I collected as a kid.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely remember Griffin with the A's... but I'd say that I'm more familiar with him during his days in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I think of the A's because mid 80's was when I was really in to baseball cards and if I remember right, that's when he was with the A's.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.