Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Vintage and another Frank

It was a decent Thursday in the household mailbox, well, for me anyways. The bills go to my wife. I got 3 envelopes today with 4 cards total, technically, 10 cards but I only needed 4. 3 of them go to the Vintage collection but only 1 of those is not a player collection card as well.


I picked up this Mattingly for the Vintage collection for $.25/shipped. This gives me 281 cards from that set which is my 12th closest to being finished at 42% completed.


I picked up this Frank Thomas card from 2001 for $.25/shipped as well. Frank Thomas is easily my highest number of player cards for a non player collection player. Mainly due to all of those 90's inserts. He is the 4th highest player for all my collections but the top 3 are player collections and he's only 1 card away from taking 3rd place and I'm pretty sure I have a ton more cards of his that I haven't logged yet.


This Steve Carlton card came in a lot of 6 of his cards, I only needed 2 of them but I won the bid at $.55/shipped. The 2nd card I needed was in pretty rough shape (I didn't notice it when I bid) and while I usually don't concern myself with condition, it was a 1984 Fleer card which I figure would be easy enough to pick up so I didn't keep it. This card hits the century mark for that player collection and 135 cards for the 1983 Topps set.


Last but not least, I picked up this Gary Carter for $.43/shipped. Carter has the collection next highest from Steve Carlton at 116 cards. It's only my 68th card from the 1983 fleer set though.

4 comments:

  1. That 83T Carlton is definitely one of the first cards that pops into my head when I think of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember it well as well, I was kind of surprised I didn't already have it.

      Delete
  2. Are 80's considered vintage now? I sure hope not, because if so, I would now be vintage... and that would not be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider them a apart of my Vintage Collection because as a kid, I collected until 1987 which is where I cut that collection off. In my mind, anything pre-1981 is Vintage.

      If you're worried about being considered vintage and you were born in the 80's, I guess than I am definitely vintage being born in the 70's.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.