Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, March 11, 2019

Not too bad for a Monday

I ordered a blaster of Heritage from Walmart.com. I hate going in there and my wife was buying some tupperware set for $15. You get free shipping for order over $35 so I told her to add a blaster on there. Of course, the blaster is $19.98 so that put the total at $34.98 which didn't qualify for the free shipping. Stupid Walmart. My wife ended up throwing something else on there we needed to get the free shipping. It says my cards will be here tomorrow so we'll see.

I did get 2 envelopes today with a few more cards. The first envelope had this.


I picked this up for the Zimmy Collection for $2.80/shipped. I like this years black frame around the mini relics, very slick looking.

The other envelope had all of the following cards.


This Kent Hrbek/Tim Laudner rookie (I haven't heard of the other guy) for the Vintage collection. I picked this up for $.25/shipped, it is my 116th card for the 1982 Topps set which is just under 15% completed.



I also picked up these 3 oddball cards for the Cal Ripken collection. I grabbed the Action Superstars for $.23/shipped. The SI for Kids for $.50/shipped and the 1983 Topps Sticker for $.43/shipped. Always love the early 80's stickers, reminds me of childhood. I decided to check TCDB to see where my Ripken collections stands, it is now my 2nd highest player collection and it's closing in on the Konerko Collection pretty quickly.


Last but not least, another Frank Thomas. I've been adding cards to TCDB and am just now realizing just how many of his cards I have. He is my highest non-player collection and is 3rd including the player collections behind Ripken and Konerko and I don't have all of his cards logged in yet. I picked up this relic for $3/shipped.

1 comment:

  1. The black framed Ginter's were the best, and whatever the second best is, well... it ain't even close!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.