Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, September 21, 2023

A break for Sox

I got some time finally. There's been a lot of Birthday's lately and the days there isn't, I wasn't feeling it. I'm in a little better mood now since I have the next 3 days off work. The card show on Saturday got cancelled as well so I get 3 days at home, sleeping in. I did hit my LCS yesterday. I had to go to conference in town and it finished at 3 instead of my usual getting off work at 4:30. It was also right up the road from the LCS. I dropped off the stuff I sorted last week and since I had 4 days off, I went ahead and grabbed 4 3 row boxes of cards to sort so that's what I'll probably be doing for those 3 days. After I sleep in that is. I did pick up 1 card at the LCS so I'll get that logged and scanned tomorrow. Since I don't have it ready, you'll get another random post but this is a team post. Although they don't play much like a team which should tell you which team since I follow 2 and they are both at the complete opposites of the spectrum.


Fred at work gave these to me. I know some of them he picked up in a quarter box at the Shipshewana show. Some of the others he brought to me at work. I love the look of the cracked ice so you know I love the Sapphire set.


I got these from sorting packs. The flagship is series 2 as I've already completed series 1. The 4 Prizm are my first from the 2023 set.




All of these last 3 scans are list players that I sorted for the LCS. Hall of Famers are automatically on the list so Frank Thomas and Tim Raines are in and Bo Jackson and Sammy Sosa are popular players so they are on it.

The real announcement is with the addition of those 13 cards of Frank Thomas (and the one further above) I have officially hit 1000 cards of him. It's my first player to 1000 and it's not even a PC of mine, he just has that many White Sox cards. My official total right now is 1003.



These 6 cards are from Kevin. The top 4 came from a box he bought at the Mishawaka show, I skimmed through it and pulled some cards for myself. The bottom 2 are from his sorting of the LCS stuff.


Do you remember the Vintage stuff I picked up at the Plymouth show? I've already shown some of it, this was also on his table so I picked it up as well. I liked Madrigal before we sent him off to the Cubs plus it's a rookie auto and as I mentioned before, I like the Sapphire set.

I'll be back tomorrow with another birthday post before I finally get some time to post other stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reaching 1,000 Frank Thomas cards. I think the most cards I have for any particular player collection is probably just a little over 100.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.