Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Suffering Sox

We are setting up in Fort Wayne this weekend, I'm looking forward to it but mainly because my son is going to come see me. He's a freshman at Purdue/Fort Wayne this year so I don't see him so much anymore. It'll be our 10th time doing this show and it's one of our better shows as far as cash flow. It's only 2nd to the Shipshewana for average per show for shows we've done multiple times. It should be a good show, the only real question is can I keep myself from spending some money.

The random gave us some current Sox players (who suck). I still like the players, just not a fan of the organization at the moment but that's not why we're here.


Kevin grabbed this for me during his sorting for our LCS. It's a 2023 insert.


This dual relic and autograph came from my LCS. Remember the box of half off stuff that he ended up just giving me what I picked out. This was one. I assume probably because it's Panini, therefore no logos. Or it could be because Dylan is nowhere near his Cy Young race self. It's my 4th auto of Cease.


Speaking of guys nowhere near his award winning self, this former batting title guy is way below expectations this year as well. This also came from Kevin. I already have the base and chrome so I added the x-fractor.


Finally, Jose Abreu's replacement who is nowhere close to where Jose, let alone, his own previous season's. I was hoping with a regular starting position, he would get a little more comfortable and play better but since the most of the other team isn't performing well, I guess he joined along. The top is a series 2 Topps and the bottom is the sepia stadium club.

I'm closing in on some milestones with Cease and Vaughn but I'll let you know when I hit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.