Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, November 3, 2023

Commons I like

I should probably throw up my last post before we go do a show tomorrow, you know, just in case I come home with some more cards. Fred did give me some yesterday but I haven't even looked to see if I have any of them. 

I've been tracking my spending on cards since January of 2018 and last month was the first month that I didn't spend any money on cards. It got me looking at each year. In 2018, I averaged $33.20 a month, with the most I spent in a month was $62.14. Last year I averaged $177.54 with the most in a month being $471.54. With that last month of $0, it brings my average down to $98.44 for this year. Even though I've spent just under a thousand so far this year, I've added almost 9000 cards to my collections. Last year with over $2100 spent, I only added a hair over 3300 cards. In short, I'm spending less but coming home with a lot more. That's because of all the free cards I'm getting from my LCS and other sorting duties I've done.

Speaking of free cards, yeah, I got more. These all came from Kevin's sorting. We have a few people who give us commons just to get rid of. We sort them, take out what we want and sell the rest to a guy we have that buys them. Depending on the deal we have, we'll either give the person who gives them to us a set amount or sometime we do half of what we earn. They get rid of commons and we both make money (and add cards to our collections). That's where these came from.


As per the usual on these posts, we'll start with the White Sox collection. All of the above were new to me. The top row are the nicest with the Sale insert, the Crochet mini rookie and the Mendick color.

Next up is Tier 3.


He gave me this Strawberry card. As you can see above (and below), I got a bunch of these 1990 Donruss Best of from him.


A mixture of old and new for Gooden. I love that first card, I had a couple of those sets growing up.

Tier 2.


2 more of Jimenez. The royal blue from 2021 (also has Robert on it) and a 206 Mini. I just cracked the 200 count with Eloy with my last post.


Also a pair of Hendriks with this rainbow parallel and an Archives.  I really like the Archives, my favorite uniform and an 80's set. I just read where we declined his option today. Hopefully he still signs with us but I wouldn't blame him if he got out of dodge with the way we played.


A 206 mini of Mr. Anderson as well.

I even boosted some of my Fab 5 PC's which are a part of my Tier 3 Michigan PC.


We'll start off with an 8 count of our current coach, these cards give me 125 cards of Juwan.


I also got 1 each of Webber and Rose. Yes, that's Arod on the Webber card and no, it's not a White Sox card.


Last but not least, he grabbed this card of Uche for me. It's my lucky number 13 cards of him. Always great to see the Maize and Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.