Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, November 24, 2023

Last Weekends show pickups

Kevin and I ran to our LCS today and dropped off our sorting as well as picked up some more. I also went through his dime and quarter boxes and threw a small stack together that he let me have. I also picked up an autograph of a player I didn't have an auto of and he's one my favorite former Sox but you'll have to wait until I get that post as I'm still trying to catch up from last weekends shows.

The last post, other than my sorting post, was cards I got at the Lake Station show but what Kevin bought and gave me out of it. It was a slow show and I got bored and went shopping and picked up a few more for myself, paid for them and everything.


I actually got these at the Fort Wayne show last Saturday. Jason, another dealer who has a shop in Warsaw, wanted to do some shopping around so he asked me to watch his table for a bit, which I did. He said I could have a $40 Andrew Vaughn card but it was graded and I don't keep graded cards in my PC. I told him I didn't need that just to help him out but I found these 2 in his cheap boxes so he gave me these instead.

The Billy Williams is the Holo variation and is my 122nd card of him. The Mike Schmidt is one of the phone cards for us older folks, you younger folks can Google it. I like these unique things so I grabbed it up as well.


The table next to us at the Lake Station show on Sunday had a bunch of Vintage. He had a couple of tupperware containers with cards thrown in them that were vintage. I looked at the price and they were $2 so I started stacking them up. After seeing some of them, I looked again and only 1 of the tupperwares was $2, the others were $5 so I had to put all those back and just kept the 2 above for $2/each.

They both go to the Seaver Collection. The 1984 True Value on the left also goes to the White Sox Collection and the 1970 on the right goes to the Vintage Collection as well. These 2 give me 576 cards of Seaver.

I also bought from 2 other tables, I'm going to combine the rest of the post so I can put the players together.


The 2nd table I hit had a bunch of stuff at $.50/each which is where these 3 Sox cards came from. The Mercedes is a base, the other 2 are color parallels.


I picked up these 2 Kwity's at that same table. The Chronicles on the left is the Pink parallel. Both of these also go to the Michigan collection since they are wearing their Maize and Blue.



I picked up these 4 of David Ojabo, all are parallels. The top 2 are a Mosaic Silver and the Purple from Donruss. The bottom row is the Purple Phoenix and the Holo Donruss. The Phoenix is also numbered to /125. These 4 bump up the Ojabo Collection to 27 cards.


I picked up this Purple Shock Daxton Hill as well as this base Huntchinson from that same box. The Hill is my 15th of his. The Hutch is just a base but he's been a stud so I can see why it was in the same box.


I also picked up this purple shock of Haskins from the $.50 box but I grabbed this relic from the 2nd table. He had autos and relics for $3 or 4/$10 which I grabbed more than 4 so he discounted the stack.


The base Nico came in the $.50 box and the Hill autograph came from the relic/auto box. It's my 3rd card of LaVert and also my 3rd autograph. This one is the gold parallel.


I picked up a couple more Michigan autos in that box as well. My 3rd autograph of Ryan Glasgow out of 4 cards and my 1st autograph of McKeon out of 6 cards.


This is my 3rd autograph of David Long out of 17 cards. It's really nice to see him in the Maize and Blue because there is another David Long jr that went pro the same year so it's easy to mix them up. I've picked up the other one a couple of times only to find out it was the wrong one when I went to enter them on TCDB. The Denard is a thicker card and is serial numbered to /112 and is the Blue parallel. This is my 111th card of Denard.



2 more Maize and Blue autographs or at least a helmet on the Bredeson. The top one is the black parallel, I already had the red one and those are the only 2 cards of him. The Chesson, however, is my 25th card of him and my 6th auto.

1 comment:

  1. According to Wiki... the first phone card did come out in 1976. But everything I've ever read about that Perma-Graphics card of Schmidt has tied it to a credit card. Regardless... it's a cool card.

    Good luck to your Wolverines today! I'll be rooting for them.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.