Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Freebies and new PC

I spent most of the day working on sorting cards for my LCS. I took back what I had finished last week and then picked up 2 more 3 row boxes and a bag of cards. I had to sort the bag of cards and the 2 3 row boxes I had to put in player lots. I got almost everything done, I'll probably finish up tomorrow but I took some photos and videos of my process and I'm going to work on a post showing what all I do for him.

However, today, you're going to get more cards from Sluggo. Technically, I got them from him but we were at the Lake Station show and I was shopping around. I saw a $.50/each box with a lot of color parallels and inserts so I told Kevin about it. He went over to the table and bought the whole box for $70 which was a great deal for us. So, as I always do when he buys a box, I went through it grabbed everything I need, this is what I came up with.


Did I mention there was a row of autos and relics as well? When Kevin asked, he was only asking about the 2 rows but once he bought it the guy through the lid on the whole box and handed to him. The first card is the rainbow parallel and the second is the Silver. The bottom is a dual relic of Demonico, not really a huge fan of relics anymore but it doesn't mean I won't add them to my collection either. Sadly, this was the only relic (or auto) that I needed in that row.


I picked up 1 other White Sox card, this is the sepia refractor of Moncada. At least he is still with the Sox, so far. It is my 227th card of Yoan. 

The rest were all former Wolverines as most of the box was football.


I've been picking up quite a few of Nico recently, including these 2. The left is the retail version, the right is Chronicles.


I've actually been getting quite a bit of Chris as well. It's nice there are so many Wolverines getting cards in the pros now. The left is the base Prizm, the right is the green Mosaic.

These 2 give me 53 of Evans.


Another guy I've been getting more cards of. This is his rookie Optic.  Last I heard he was on the IL, not sure for how long.


A couple more of Daxton Hill as well. The Prestige Galaxy on the left and the base Mosaic on the right. Always better when they are in the Maize and Blue.


2 more base of Ojabo. A Mosaic and a Donruss.


I'm realizing now that even though be bought that box for all the color, I came away with a lot of base, including the 2 above. I mean they are still shiny I guess, but not parallels.


This is a parallel however, it is also my 1st card of Mazi Smith. It is the Green Disco parallel from Donruss Elite. So another player collection started. It is my 131st PC, this is getting out of hand.


Last but not least, just alphabetically, I grabbed this parallel of Charles. It is the Holo parallel.

You'll notice that some of the above guys I didn't give how many cards I have, that's because I have more of them to come, in future posts. The next post will be the cards that I actually paid for at the Lake Station show.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.