Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cheaper Than Stamps #21

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

Sorry, I worked the last couple of days and didn’t get around to posting anything else.

1978topps

1978 Topps – Joe Torre #109

Even kids now, should know this name.  I got this card for $.29.  It’s hard to believe he’s been managing since the late 70’s.

1978 topps

1978 Topps – Len Randle #544

I can’t actually find a record of this card so I can’t tell you what I paid for it.  It may have even come as a bonus with the Joe Torre, that seems like what happened but I don’t remember specifically.

1975topps02

1975 Topps – Jim Bibby #155, Jim Wohlford #144, Ken Reitz #27

I picked the Bibby for $.26, the Wohlford and the Reitz for $.29.  Most of these 1975 Topps were a set break and I bid on a lot of the cards but only won a handful.

1975topps03

1975 Topps – Tommy Harper #537 and Clarence Gaston #427

I picked both of these for $.29, they were also part of the set break listings.

1975topps

1975 Topps – Ellie Rodriguez #285

I got this one for a quarter, it was a separate listing but one I still needed.

Come back next time for my early 1970’s and one from the 1960’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.