Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cheaper Than Stamps #22

This is a series where I show off cards I need for my PC’s that I pick up on Ebay for cheaper than a stamp.  My maximum I spend on these cards is actually $.30 so I get them quite a bit cheaper than a stamp.

1974topps

1974 Topps – Dave Roberts #177, Ron Schueler #544, Sonny Siebert #548

I picked up these 3 for just over $.20 a piece.  I don’t get too many cards from 1974 that comes up so these were nice to add.

1971topps

1971 Topps – Greg Garrett #377, Bob Humpreys #236, Mike Corkins #179, Buck Martinez #163, Gary Ross #153, Mack Jones #142

I picked these all up as 1 lot, I won it for $1.04.  Other than the 1973 Topps set, which I’ve been going after for a lot longer than this collection, the 1971 Topps set has the highest amount of cards in the 1970’s with 53.  That’s only good for 7% of the set, but it’s a start.

1970topps

1970 Topps – Tom Burgmeier #108

This shouldn’t actually be in these posts because I paid more than a stamp for it.  Mainly because when I search cards, I search for free shipping and this came up because somehow, my free shipping button got unclicked.  I didn’t realize it had $.50 shipping on it till I bid.  Ebay tricked me, bastards.

1968topps

1969 Topps – Ken Suarez #19, Jesus Alou #22

I picked up both of these 1969 cards for $.29 each.  I certainly don’t mind dropping that for commons from the 1960’s.

That’s it for the vintage collection this round.  I’ll be going back to the player collections.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pickups for cheap! I'm waiting to see if you pick up any vintage stuff of the three new guys I'll be adding to my UM baseball PC very soon (and if you can guess who they are).

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.